Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I am the only one who has had this problem, but at least 2 times now, I have accidentally pushed the "assist" button when trying to open my garage door.

The car then tells me it is contacting Acuralink Services, and I then usually say, "Oh crap", and try to figure out how to hang it up. However, I haven't found a way to do so. So then I have to wait for the operator to come online, and then I tell the operator that "No, I don't have an emergency", and that I accidentally pushed the button.

While I applaud the consistency of getting a live person to help when you push this button, does anyone know if there is a way to abort the call without waiting for the operator to call you?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
While I applaud the consistency of getting a live person to help when you push this button, does anyone know if there is a way to abort the call without waiting for the operator to call you?
Great question. I have not experienced this issue. Not sure if this is active all of the time, but can you turn off the car. I know that is a bit extreme when you are pulling into your garage. I am curious to see other replies.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually tried quickly turning off the car after I pulled into the garage to force a disconnect, and while I was walking into the house, I heard the operator answer the call in the car! So even with the car off, Acuralink assist still appears to be active.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Not sure if you can hang up, and I wonder if they would still call you back somehow since it is for emergencies.

I would just try to be more careful to not hit the wrong button. :p

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I think being able to shut the car off after calling to cancel the call would be counterintuitive as the car could lose power during an emergency. I'm guessing the only alternative is to wait for the operator to say the only emergency is the proximity of the assist button to the home link button.

I always thought that there was a plastic cover on the emergency button preventing someone from accidentally pressing it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The whole reason for this system is the reason you won't be able to hang up even by switching the car off.
Do the US cars have a different button? Its very hard to press the one on the canadians without actually wanting to do so as there is a protector over it. (as Andre touched on above).

·
Registered
148 Posts
I always thought that there was a plastic cover on the emergency button preventing someone from accidentally pressing it.

Looked and yes mine has a clear plastic cover that has to be flipped down before I can "Press The Button".

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I may need to have the dealer look at this. Mine has the plastic flip down cover, but even pushing on the outside of the cover can accidentally initiate the call. Also, one time the clear plastic little square on the cover actually popped out, and I had to pop it back in. Maybe I didn't put it in right, and that might be why when I bump it with my fingers it initiates the call.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've done this a couple of times. I think you can just push the hang up phone icon on the lower touchscreen. You may also be able to push the blue button a second time to disconnect, but don't quote me on that.

Radman71

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I've done this a couple of times. I think you can just push the hang up phone icon on the lower touchscreen. You may also be able to push the blue button a second time to disconnect, but don't quote me on that.

Radman71

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post. :)

Thanks for the suggestion. We just need someone to test it. :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Is it possible you are pressing the LINK button, right next to the ASSIST button? The LINK button is uncovered and connects you to an AcuraLink operator (which provides destination or roadside assist).

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I did a quick test yesterday. If you press the blue button by mistake, the lower screen (touchscreen) had a large, red phone button you can tap and hang up the call before the operator even answers. I didn't try this test with the "red" button because I have always been told, "do not press the red button."

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I knew I should have waited for the '16. Perhaps there will be a TSB to update the '15.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts