Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The TLX has been building hype and having pressure built up on it because it is to be the sedan that revives Acura's struggling sedan selection. With the first month of sales on the books now, we can start to judge if Acura has a winner on its hands or not.

As you can see from the chart above, the Acura TLX sold a total of 2286 units in its first month on the market. That is fairly good performance when you look at some of the other models that are close to it in the sales ranking. Nipping on the heels of the Audi A3, Cadillac CTS and Infiniti Q50 isn't too bad at all.

Another point that is good for the TLX is the fact that the TLX was only being offered in one version. Two other versions of the Acura TLX have yet to be released yet. When they are, it should raise TLX sales.

With generally favorable reviews so far, the Acura TLX looks like it is going to be able to hold its own in a very competitive segment. Still, the TLX isn't the fastest car when compared to some of its similarly priced rivals.

A month is a month, but the true test is if the TLX can bring long term sales to Acura.

Judging from the first month on the market, do you think the TLX is a success? Is it reaching the high expectations that Acura made for it?

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Considering they only really had stock half way through the month, and that a lot is still unavailable, its not bad at all! I wonder if you can get the Canadian sales figures. Would be interesting to see, since Acura is popular up here.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Considering they only really had stock half way through the month, and that a lot is still unavailable, its not bad at all! I wonder if you can get the Canadian sales figures. Would be interesting to see, since Acura is popular up here.
This is very true. I drive up to canada every so often to visit friends and i have noticed quite a lot of acura's, never realized that Canadians like Acura's so much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts