Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2021 Acura TLX Type S
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I wanted to know if anyone had any feedback about the new HPS Performance Air Intake with Heat Shield, Acura 2021-2023 TLX Type-S?

I was considering getting it when it comes out.

HPS Performance Air Intake with Heat Shield, Acura 2021-2023 TLX Type-S

· Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
371 Posts
Hey guys I wanted to know if anyone had any feedback about the new HPS Performance Air Intake with Heat Shield, Acura 2021-2023 TLX Type-S?

I was considering getting it when it comes out.

HPS Performance Air Intake with Heat Shield, Acura 2021-2023 TLX Type-S

The only thing about these performance intakes is that they usually result in a very limited power increase. The stock systems these days are usually decent and I'm questioning their claim of an extra 19 whp. That's at the upper end of the improvements out there and I'm wondering if there is other stuff going on. I know the systems available for my old 5 series were only giving about 5-8 HP extra.

· Registered
82 Posts
Feedback about an unreleased product?

What does the install look like — does the heat shield completely block out underhood air and get all the air from the grille instead?

I had an AEM V2 on my EP3 for a bit and the heatsoak was real. I got better performance (dyno measured) with either the stock airbox or Mugen intake. The V2 was a fun noisemaker and might have helped a high-boost supercharger, but the fact that its filter was down in the back next to the exhaust did it no favors whatsoever.

· Registered
2021 Acura TLX Type S
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think that issue is overhyped online.
I mean scientific it is real, but I am doing it more so for sound and getting that boost
Feedback about an unreleased product?

What does the install look like — does the heat shield completely block out underhood air and get all the air from the grille instead?

I had an AEM V2 on my EP3 for a bit and the heatsoak was real. I got better performance (dyno measured) with either the stock airbox or Mugen intake. The V2 was a fun noisemaker and might have helped a high-boost supercharger, but the fact that its filter was down in the back next to the exhaust did it no favors whatsoever.
So from what it looks like is that it does block a lot of the engine area with the heat shield, but I don’t believe it completely blocks it under the hood. It has a port under the filter that is aimed downwards to pull air under the car it looks like.

Camera accessory Personal protective equipment Auto part Cylinder Electric blue

Fender Auto part Personal protective equipment Composite material Font

· Registered
22 TLX Type S
47 Posts
Still sucking in hot air. The stock is s true cold air intake! These things gave been measured many times and s lit of times there is a power drop.
For most I think the sound alone is worth it no matter how good the factory intake is. I’m curious how the prl one sounds but I’d go with a metal pipe vs their silicon setup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts