Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that made the differences between cars clearer. So a few years ago I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now updates actual repair frequencies, not just dots, four times a year, to track cars closely as they age.

We've long provided reliability stats for other Acura models, and I look forward to doing the same with the TLX. Just a matter of getting enough owners involved.

Participants report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, following the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the TLX, for free. I'll share results for the TLX in this thread after each update.

Join TrueDelta

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that made the differences between cars clearer. So a few years ago I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now updates actual repair frequencies, not just dots, four times a year, to track cars closely as they age.
[Edited for reply]
To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the TLX, for free. I'll share results for the TLX in this thread after each update.

Join TrueDelta
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first 3 posts.

While we can appreciate learning about new products pertaining to our subject matter, we tend to frown on external advertising without a proper introduction.

When you get a chance, please introduce yourself so we can get acquainted beyond a sales pitch.

Please tell us about yourself and if you have a TLX or dreams of obtaining a TLX.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, just saw this.

No TLX myself, though I had one for a week recently to review it. My personal car is a Mazda RX-8.

I've been reviewing cars since 1999, and in 2004 started a site to gather information I wanted to use in the reviews, but that wasn't available.

I do share this information with forums when we have it, and everyone who helps provide the information gets free access to it. So I'm not looking for any money from anyone here, just help providing information that I myself wanted to have.

I can link back to the forum from our TLX pages. Let me know if you'd like me to do this.

We do now have an initial reliability stat for the TLX that indicates a fairly high repair frequency, but that's based on a very small sample size (and so likely to be inaccurate). I hope to have a better stat with the next update, in August.

What we have so far:

Acura TLX reliability

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sorry, just saw this.

No TLX myself, though I had one for a week recently to review it. My personal car is a Mazda RX-8.

I've been reviewing cars since 1999, and in 2004 started a site to gather information I wanted to use in the reviews, but that wasn't available.

I do share this information with forums when we have it, and everyone who helps provide the information gets free access to it. So I'm not looking for any money from anyone here, just help providing information that I myself wanted to have.

I can link back to the forum from our TLX pages. Let me know if you'd like me to do this.

We do now have an initial reliability stat for the TLX that indicates a fairly high repair frequency, but that's based on a very small sample size (and so likely to be inaccurate). I hope to have a better stat with the next update, in August.

What we have so far:

Acura TLX reliability
Too bad you guys require people to create an account and sign in to even see a single thing about reliability.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, most of the information is visible without signing in.

We're not publicly displaying a stat for the TLX because the sample size is low. As soon as we have at least 25 responses for the car the stat will be visible without signing in.

I do it this way because stats based on very small sample sizes likely aren't accurate, and I wouldn't want people who aren't familiar with the site relying on them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We've updated our reliability stats for the TLX to include owner experiences through September 30, 2015. Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2015 TLX: 29, low, small sample size

Additional participants are needed to provide precise stats for all model years.

For the details, including repair descriptions, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Acura TLX reliability ratings and comparisons

1 - 6 of 6 Posts