Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

When the Acura TLX hits dealer this August, it will do so with a base price of $31,890.

For that base price, the TLX comes with a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine producing 206 hp and 182 lb-ft of torque, mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission. To add the technology package to this car, customers will be asked to drop about $36,000.
Moving on up, the more powerful 3.5-liter V6 that makes 290 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque can be had for $36,115, mated to a nine-speed automatic. Add the technology package, and the price climbs to just over $40,000. Finally, those customers interested in Acura’s super-handling all-wheel drive can have the car for $42,345, or $45,595 with the tech package.
Acura is also doing something special for customers who are willing to put their cash on the line before September 2, 2014, and take delivery of their car by October 31. Called the Acura Advantage, those interested in financing will be able to pay $299 a month for the 2.4-liter model and $349 a month for the 3.5-liter model for 36 months with a $2,499 down payment. The program will also benefit existing owners of Acuras, offering a $500 personalization allowance for Acura genuine accessories, which can be applied to a new TLX.
The TLX will be built in Marysville, Ohio.
Read the complete story on the Acura TLX at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
251 Posts
I feel like the real price should be $36,000 since the whole point of the TLX is the technology features and you've got to pay an extra ~$4,000 in order to get that. What would the car even be like without the technology package?

·
Registered
727 Posts
I feel like the real price should be $36,000 since the whole point of the TLX is the technology features and you've got to pay an extra ~$4,000 in order to get that. What would the car even be like without the technology package?
well considering that this is a single vehicle that's intended to replace both the TL and TSX, they had to start it's pricing out like this as to not lose that tsx crowd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just ordered Graphite Luster Metallic 4 cylinder TLX with no tech package. the price seemed good. I will miss the heated seats but I think I will be happy with package.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I put a deposit on a Basque Red/Parchment 4cyl with Tech package on 7/4. I was there at 9am and they had already had deposits on 2 others. It seemed strange putting a deposit on a car when I didn't even have the lease numbers yet. I left the deposit anyway since it was the only car in that color that I wanted. I will get the numbers on Monday.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My dealer brought out the actual Acura notices that were sent to dealer. It included all interior and exterior color combos and the codes. The dealer then brought out his order list and the strange thing is not one of the cars on order was the new silver (I can't remember the actual name). After a lot of thought I may change my mind on color. I love the silver moon and taupe combo on my 2011 tsx. Does anyone know if there is an issue with the new silver?

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts

I never needed the expensive GPS since I have a Garmin.:)

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
I put a deposit on a Basque Red/Parchment 4cyl with Tech package on 7/4. <edited for Clarity>.
Glad to hear about the Basque Red. Didn't care for Milano.

Still want to test drive it before I buy it. No hurry on my part. I can do without the Tech Package since I already own a Garmin. :)

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
My dealer brought out the actual Acura notices that were sent to dealer. It included all interior and exterior color combos and the codes. <edited for clarity> I love the silver moon and taupe combo on my 2011 tsx. Does anyone know if there is an issue with the new silver?
Silver is always a good color. Although this time I will go with Red Basque.

·
Registered
260 Posts
My dealer brought out the actual Acura notices that were sent to dealer. It included all interior and exterior color combos and the codes. The dealer then brought out his order list and the strange thing is not one of the cars on order was the new silver (I can't remember the actual name). After a lot of thought I may change my mind on color. I love the silver moon and taupe combo on my 2011 tsx. Does anyone know if there is an issue with the new silver?
Personally, I don't like the TLX in silver. The reason for that is it becomes a silver overload since there are a lot of silver/chrome accents that are around the TLX. I think they look better when they contrast the body color instead of when they match it.

For comparison:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just got back from the dealership. There is still no details on leasing except for the $299 deal on the base TLX. I am just going to wait and see what my lease will be once the car gets here. I also took a good look at a Honda Accord Touring in Basque Red w/Parchment interior and have decided to stay with my original choice of the Basque Red.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Leasing is difficult to assume this early just because there are so many extra variables involved. We have pricing, we'll have lease/finance info shortly no doubt...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone find it odd that the TLX should just be weeks (?) away from arriving at dealerships but there has yet to be a single first-drive, preview, or road test?

I was closely watching the 2014 IS250/350 release and I feel like the Lexus received an awful lot of pre-release press, including prototype drives.

I don't know if my suggestion is valid; but if it is, could this be due to Acura trying to hold off the press for some reason?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I don't think its odd in this instance, remember they have had a delayed launch so the whole PR calender that usually proceeds a launch got thrown out of sync.

Canadian dealers have all the pricing and financing/leasing options now I think too.

Can't be that far away, I saw an Elite Model with the full body kit on it at an event a couple of weeks ago, really like the new silver too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts