Acura TLX Forum banner

Which Acura TLX Model did you get? (discuss in comments section below)

• $39,250† - TLX 3.5 V-6 9-AT P-AWS with Technology Package

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Below I have a basic outline of most of what you need to know when it comes to choosing which TLX model you want and some details into what's included on that exact model.

Let us know which model you went with and select your model on the poll above.

$30,995† - TLX 2.4 8-DCT P-AWS
$35,025† - TLX 2.4 8-DCT P-AWS with Technology Package
$35,220† - TLX 3.5 V-6 9-AT P-AWS
$39,250† - TLX 3.5 V-6 9-AT P-AWS with Technology Package
$42,500† - TLX 3.5 V-6 9-AT P-AWS with Advance Package
$41,450† - TLX 3.5 V-6 9-AT SH-AWD with Technology Package
$44,700† - TLX 3.5 V-6 9-AT SH-AWD with Advance Package

†MSRP excludes tax, license, registration, vehicle options and destination charge of $895.00. Dealer prices may vary.

TLX Pricing Details & Packages:

STANDARD FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS
  • Engine: 206-hp, 2.4-liter, 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine
  • EPA Fuel Economy Ratings38: 24 (city) / 35 (hwy) / 28 (combined)
  • Transmission: 8-speed DCT (Dual-Clutch Transmission) with Sequential SportShift paddle shifters
  • Chassis: Agile Handling Assist system, Integrated Dynamics System (IDS), Precision All-Wheel Steer™ (P-AWS®) system
  • Exterior: Jewel Eye™ LED headlights, LED-illuminated taillights, brake lights, side mirror-integrated directional signals, rear license and Center High Mount Stop Light, heated side mirrors with reverse gear tilt-down
  • Interior: Driver's 10-way power seat with power lumbar support, On Demand Multi-Use Display™ (ODMD™), 60/40 split fold-down rear seatback, 4-way power front passenger’s seat
  • Climate Control: Dual-zone automatic climate control with humidity control and air filtration
  • Audio: Acura Premium Audio System with hard disk drive (HDD) media and 7 speakers, Bluetooth®11 streaming audio, USB7 Audio Interface with iPod®8 integration, Aha™ and Pandora®45 compatibility, and SiriusXM® Satellite Radio4
  • Cellular Interface: Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink® wireless telephone interface, SMS, MMS text message and email capability44, Siri® Eyes Free
  • Visibility: Multi-view rear camera50 with dynamic guidelines
  • Access: Keyless Access System with smart entry, pushbutton ignition and Acura personalized settings

TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE
  • Acura Navigation System10: AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™ with exclusive street and freeway conditions and Traffic Rerouting ™57
  • Audio: Acura/ELS Studio®32 Premium Audio System with hard disk drive (HDD) media storage and 10 speakers, HD Radio®, Song By Voice®
  • Interior: Sport seats with perforated Milano premium leather-trimmed interior
  • Visibility: Blind spot information (BSI) system, Rear Cross Traffic Alert
  • Cellular Interface: Phone-book exchange for Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink®
  • Instruments: Color Multi-Information Display (MID) with turn-by-turn guidance
  • Telematics: AcuraLink® The Next Generation
  • Exterior: Rain-sensing windshield wipers
  • Driver Assistance: Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)59
  • Safety & Security: Forward Collision Warning (FCW) system55 and Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system56

ADVANCE PACKAGE
Includes Technology Package
  • Safety & Security: Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with head-up warning, Road Departure Mitigation system, 3-point height-adjustable seat belts with load limiters and e-pretensioner system (front)
  • Driver Assistance: Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with low-speed follow53
  • Interior: Heated and ventilated front seats
  • Exterior: Front and rear parking sensors, auto dimming side mirrors, LED puddle lights, LED fog lights
  • Convenience: Remote engine start with vehicle feedback

V-6 FEATURES
  • Powertrain: 290-hp, 3.5-liter, 24-valve, SOHC i-VTEC® V-6 engine with Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM®) and 9-speed automatic transmission with Sequential SportShift paddle shifters
  • EPA Fuel Economy Ratings38: 21 (city) / 34 (hwy) / 25 (combined)
  • Interior: Electronic gear selector, 8-way power front passenger’s seat including lumbar adjustment
  • Exterior: 18” aluminum-alloy wheels

SH-AWD FEATURES
  • Includes V-6 features
  • Drivetrain: Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®)*, Idle stop
  • EPA Fuel Economy Ratings38: 21 (city) / 31 (hwy) / 25 (combined)
* Replaces Precision All-Wheel Steer™ (P-AWS®) system

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Preordered the Sh-AWD/w Tech! I don't see the huge advantage of the Advance, its not like i need sounds to tell me that I'm gonna hit something, that's probably for old people. The only thing about the advance I like is the Ventilated Seats which I'll have to part with.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
I'll vote when I order.

Leaning toward the Basque Red Pearl II, 4 cyl with Technology Package and spare tire.

Hopefully I can test drive one this weekend or soon thereafter.

Hopefully the colors look good on the car.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll vote when I order.

Leaning toward the Basque Red Pearl II, 4 cyl with Technology Package and spare tire.

Good choice, keep us posted on when you do put through your order and test drive one.

Do you see yourself possibly changing your mind on what color to go with?

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I'll vote when I order.

Really? This weekend? I was told I would have to wait till Mid August...I guess you boys in the US might get it earlier.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Gotta try Red Basque Pearl II

Good choice, keep us posted on when you do put through your order and test drive one.

Do you see yourself possibly changing your mind on what color to go with?
Thanks.

If the red is not what I expected, I could switch. The Graphite Luster Metallic or Black Copper Pearl look nice. I tend to steer away from dark cars because I accumulate dirt on my long drives between work and home. I like silver, but as someone mentioned, the chrome really shines on a non-silver car.

Looking forward to a test drive of any color.

Any idea of when a test drive might be possible. I am not sure if they can be ready for August 1st. The salesman may be pulling my leg, again.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
You're probably correct.

Really? This weekend? I was told I would have to wait till Mid August...I guess you boys in the US might get it earlier.
The salesman told me August 1st, but he could be pulling my leg, again.

I would believe you have the better idea of it being mid August.

The online chat guy at my local dealer was clueless and just wanted my phone number and email address. Guess I need to call my salesman and check in.

Another thing he told me was that Basque Red Pearl cars won't be made till mid August, but I still want to drive and look at the options before then.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Called Salesman today

Just got off the phone with my local salesman. He said he should have one available to drive next week. Here's hoping?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Production only started last monday (for Canada models) so its going to be at least the second week of August.
I don't think Acura can produce and distribute them in 10 days, 2-3 weeks is more realistic.
US is totally different and chances are they will get theirs first!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yer, its a big number the US outsell Canada by, was it 10 to 1?
But Canada seem to get some better options on the top packages of vehciles though..seems an odd one.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know too much about the packages but i know they might be configured to be in line with canadian winters.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Some features I suppose are winter based like the heated steering which is standard on all packages on the MDX I think.
But the 360 degree camera and folding mirrors aren't.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, basically anything that would make winter driving better and easier on the driver and their passengers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Preordered the Sh-AWD/w Tech! I don't see the huge advantage of the Advance, its not like i need sounds to tell me that I'm gonna hit something, that's probably for old people. The only thing about the advance I like is the Ventilated Seats which I'll have to part with.
CMBS saved us when some jackass cut right in front of us on the fwy, yep I will be buying the Advance, and guess what, no sounds:eek:

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Just test drove and ordered

I test drove a 2015 TLX V6 with the Tech package this evening with the knowledge that I am getting a I4. The ride was nice and smooth. I finally got to see a couple of TLX colors in reality. I drove a Black V6 with Tech package but saw a Black Copper Pearl and the Graphite Luster Metallic. The Black Cooper Pearl looked very dark and close to black in the bright sun. The Graphite Luster Metallic looked nice in the shade. I did not see the color I wanted but did see it online in a video review.

The inside of the TLX was quite roomy and comfortable. It rode nice and quiet. When then salesman put it into Sports+ mode and put it through its paces, the car sounded and felt good. It handled really well for the short trip I was on.

The car definitely rides lower than my 2011 TSX, giving it a more sporty look.

I put down a deposit for a I4 Basque Red Pearl. The salesman said this specific car is being made on August 16th and I should see it around the 28th. Who knows, but it is a lovely story I can go with as long as I see the car by the end of the month.

I also need to start reading the owner's manual. There is a lot of tech to learn.

I saw this review online of the color I ordered this evening...

2015 Acura TLX Car Video Review *All New* - YouTube

So I guess I am on my way. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts