Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not official as yet if the Acura TLX will be getting the Jewel Eye LED Headlights like what the RLX will have but I think if the Acura TLX gets it, it will be available on specific trim levels.

·
Registered
727 Posts
This is just WIN! It will use a ton less power than your traditional bulb and is much more brighter.

if they can make these headlights come standard it will do a ton of good for the brands image.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Jewel eye headlights are starting to seem like an acura brand wide feature aside from super cheap models like the ILX. The TL just falls right under the RL so a vehicle being seen as being as premium as that should get jewel eye headlights.

The 2014 MDX has them...

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am actually curious to see if Acura willl give the TLX the LED headlights like the new MDX and RLX.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am actually curious to see if Acura willl give the TLX the LED headlights like the new MDX and RLX.
I have a feeling it wont be standard.
Chances are we'll see a basemodel with the typical round projector style light and then a higher trim TLX with the jewel eye lights.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Chances are we'll see a basemodel with the typical round projector style light and then a higher trim TLX with the jewel eye lights.
if they really want to target the TSX crowd with a cheap the base model will have to do without LEd headlights

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think that the Jewel headlights are one of the best things that Acura has going for it. It is defining for the brand. No one else has headlights like them. Acura would be smart to put these lights on as many of their vehicles as they can. Even if it is sometimes a cheaper variant on some of the lower models. It would fortify the Acura brand.

·
Registered
44 Posts
you'd be surprised, I think there are a couple of others that are coming out with similar headlight set ups but for now the jewel eyed from acura is king.

·
Registered
339 Posts
its not a given yet.

the MDX and RLX both cost more.

If the new RDX gets them the TL should get them too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's funny reading the old posts concerning the Jewel-Eye lights.

No gloom and doom after all.

They look great.
and work very well - at least from what I've read concerning their RLX applications. At 49, my eyes aren't what they used to be. The stats say I'll need 4 X as much light to see at night like I could when I was 16. *sigh* So I'll take all all the assistance I can get. Plus they look cool

·
Registered
20 Posts
I still haven't found any reviews or videos that really compare the standard HID vs jewel eye LED in terms of brightness, view angle when driving at night. If anyone knows any please post a link. Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.