Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Acura is hoping to return to prominence in the area of performance luxury sedans. Honda's racing arm, HPD, has partnered with team Real Time Racing in their assault on Cadillac.

Some news outlets believe that the 2015 TLX will dominate its sector for years to come. The TLX should bring Acura to the forefront of the affordable, refined, luxury sports class.

Some think that the TLX will be able to hold its own and even outdo the respectable Cadillac CTS.

From a performance standpoint I'm sure the TLX will do great but I don't think that performance alone can sell a car.

Class restrictions cap the TLX GT at 400 HP. See it race for the first time in the Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg March 28th.

·
Registered
251 Posts
If Acura can take home a big win on the first race that the TLX enters, it will surely be good for the reputation of the TLX. Acura wants the TLX to be a luxury performance sedan. I think that Acura is losing on the luxury point, so it would be a nice save for them to be able to claim the performance point.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yeah it will be a challenge but im more confident in them in those races with the TLX race car than they are with the production model TLX

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do es winning races really do much for vehicle sales though? The TLX race car may look like a TLX, but when you compare it to a production TLX, there is not very much in common I imagine.

·
Registered
260 Posts
it'l get it some good publicity

doesnt hurt
I think that's a good way of putting it. It doesn't hurt.

Winning one race isn't going to result in an Acura TLX sales surge, but if it can do well consistently then it can add to the brand's reputation as a performance brand. That is how many automakers made a name for themselves. Just think about Porsche and its racing history. Other brands as well.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i do hope that this car does good

for whatever reason.. i just want to see an acura win something for once

·
Registered
5 Posts
i do hope that this car does good

for whatever reason.. i just want to see an acura win something for once

A few years ago the Integra won some 5 or 6 championships (not just races) in the same series in the then 'Touring' class and the NSX won about the same number in the 'GT'.

·
Registered
339 Posts
saw on instagram that some acura dealer was asking if people wanted test rides in this thing

not sure if srs or trolling

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.