Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what this means for the previous post I made about the TLX making its racing debut just two days from now (March 28), but Acura now says that the TLX GT race car will debut at the Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix on May 30th.

Acura hasn't released performance specs, but they have confirmed that the model will run on a twin-turbo V6 engine that is loosely based on the 3.5-liter V6 that resides in the 2015 TLX which will be unveiled at the New York Auto Show.

The TLX GT race car will compete aginst the likes of the Audi R8 LMS, Cadillac CTS-V, Mercedes SLS & Ferrari 458.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I would be pretty impressed if the TLX could out run the R8. The Audi R8 just looks like a beastlier machine than the TLX, but it isn't about looks on the race track. At least if Acura can show that the TLX is a better race car than the R8 they can argue that their design may not be as exciting, but the machinery underneath it is world class.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Nothing yet from what I have seen. Recently I heard the Lexus RC-F GT cars smoked everything off the line and through a good part of the race and maybe till the end, hopefully the TLX didn't get left in the dust

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.