Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the intended difference between this forum and the Acurazine Forum for the 5th generation TL? It appears to me that many of you post to both forums so there must be a difference that is not apparent to me.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
What is the intended difference between this forum and the Acurazine Forum for the 5th generation TL? It appears to me that many of you post to both forums so there must be a difference that is not apparent to me.
Personally, I believe there is a friendlier crowd here. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've been on many Acura forums big and small and let me tell you this one has to be the most up to date. I've seen this site go through many changes. All positive ones from the fresh layout design to the new sections that get added in along the way. Not to mention the moderators seem to be very helpful and friendly. The ownership section is by far the most helpful section! Everything is oragnized and easy to find. The only thing that was missing was a classified section and before I could even ask for it they already got to it last week lol.

We are amongst a mature and friendly bunch. Ask questions without getting burned.

·
Registered
430 Posts
The maturity definitely helps, as does the fact that this ENTIRE site is dedicated to the car, not just one subsection of a massive community. We are our own family here, which I think contributes to the friendly nature.

We have a lowest common denominator that is a step removed from liking Acura cars...

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think the TLX forum is a great resource for information on the car and any issues. I've been waiting for a fix on the cross traffic warning beep and found out here first that there finally is one, I found out about the software update for the Nav 3 weeks before Acura sent me a notice (still haven't received anything on the cross traffic issue). I got a Navigation set-up question answered quickly when I was confused the way the owner's manual explained it. It's nice to know that the herky-jerky tranny is a common issue. Misery loves company? But best of all, the forum has a great group of people that are here to help each other out and not trying to bite each other's heads off if their opinion differs on something.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I've been on many Acura forums big and small and let me tell you this one has to be the most up to date. I've seen this site go through many changes. All positive ones from the fresh layout design to the new sections that get added in along the way. Not to mention the moderators seem to be very helpful and friendly. The ownership section is by far the most helpful section! Everything is oragnized and easy to find. The only thing that was missing was a classified section and before I could even ask for it they already got to it last week lol.

We are amongst a mature and friendly bunch. Ask questions without getting burned.
Thanks! Everyone tries to make it a good place hehe.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I dont know about 'intended' but i echo comments above. More professional, less personal criticism, and each post/response is usually on target.

IMHO of course!!:D

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
438 Posts
in a word: maturity

has the OP ever had a good look at acurazine at all? tons of unnecessary haters and threadcrappers over there. hopefuly the plague doesnt spread over here

and for the record, i do not have an account over at acurazine

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all for the insights. It was hard to miss all the attacks on the other site, but since many of you posted on both sites, I thought I might be missing something. Hopefully my TLX will be delivered in a couple of weeks and I will be a positive contributor.

·
Registered
181 Posts
in a word: maturity

has the OP ever had a good look at acurazine at all? tons of unnecessary haters and threadcrappers over there. hopefuly the plague doesnt spread over here

and for the record, i do not have an account over at acurazine
Totally agree. Both forums are great for information, esp about repair issues and to help to decide if a car is for you or not. On the other forum there are those that visit just to trash the car, BUT there are many who will eat you alive if you even suggest the slightest negative aspect of the car. Doesn't matter if you have had a negative issue with the car, still not allowed to say it on the forum.

btw, there is often information on this site that does not seem to make it over there. So "Good Job" Summest and other moderators for the information and for keeping the forum under control!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I started with the other one, and it is my impression that there is more information over there along with some "lively" discussions. The Moderator does cross post any critical information so you may not be missing much by just visiting this site.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.