Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far here's whats known about engine options for the Acura TLX:

Based on the chassis of the upcoming 2013 Accord, the TL (likely to be renamed the TLX) will shrink in size slightly with the TSX being phased out. This will also be one of the first Acuras to use one of the new Earth Dreams engines, sporting direct injection to deliver around 310 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque. In addition, the same hybrid powertrain used in the upcoming Accord will be offered, delivering as much as 45 mpg.

From: http://www.tlxforums.com/forum/new-2013-acura-tlx-news/6-acura-tlx-get-45-mpg-hybrid-ilx-coupe-dropped.html

·
Registered
339 Posts
The engine will likely stay very similar to the existing 3.7L in the TL with direct injection "earth dreams" added. There could also be a hybrid model of the 3.5L very similar to the Accord.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i find it hard to believe the gas mileage claim of up to 45mpg they might be over guesstimating gas mileage numbers to build up hype

·
Registered
6 Posts
hmm 45mpg is not bad because there are many other cars which give you more very less mileage and if you compare them with this then you will just say wow.. anyhow thanks for sharing this helpful stuff about tlx engine.. i read it and find many things new.

·
Registered
727 Posts
hmm 45mpg is not bad because there are many other cars which give you more very less mileage and if you compare them with this then you will just say wow.. anyhow thanks for sharing this helpful stuff about tlx engine.. i read it and find many things new.
another thing to consider is the power output of those engines that get lower MPG's, acura's aren't really know to be powerhouses.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Official update:

Power will be delivered through your option of a 3.5L V-6 engine featuring a new 9-speed automatic transmission.

OR

A high-revving 2.4L inline 4 cylinder engine mated to an 8-speed dual clutch transmission (DCT) with a torque converter to take advantage of it's amazing power band!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts