Acura TLX Forum banner

Acura TLX Colors: Which one did you get?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With 7 great colors to choose from on the TLX, which one did you get?
  • Graphite Luster Metallic
  • Basque Red Pearl II
  • Fathom Blue Pearl
  • Black Copper Pearl
  • Crystal Black Pearl
See what these colors look like on the TLX here: http://www.acura.com/TLXLanding.aspx

·
Registered
251 Posts
Not the biggest selection of colors but I know that I want something other than black, white or silver. I think I'm going to go with blue. I like how the chrome contrasts with the blue.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good choice going with a lighter color, not sure how people go for black cars with black interiors in hot climates.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Howdy Neighbor!

Basque red with the parchment interior. I live in Florida and prefer light color cars, but the white gets too dirty and the silver is just too blah
You selected the same color I have in mind. It makes the inside choice easy. I have had this same color on my 2011 TSX. Guess I will get it again. Platinum/Gray is a near second place. As long as the car is not too dark or too light.

Hopefully tomorrow I can go for a test drive. They are hoping to get some in tomorrow at Rick Case, according to an email from my salesman.

·
Registered
438 Posts
i dont mind the blue, but i ended up sticking with the more traditional colors (white or black or anywhere in between including silver) because some statistics study says those colors have relatively higher resale values compared to crazier and sharper colors (yes, even red)

an asian beemer friend told me not to choose white or silver since that's the stereotype colors that most asians will choose lol

i skipped the silver even though that will likely to appear as the least dirty if the car gets dirty. white and black can look dirty if you dont wash it up and keep it clean. so i went with metalic gray and we will see how it turns out

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
i dont mind the blue, but i ended up sticking with the more traditional colors (white or black or anywhere in between including silver) because some statistics study says those colors have relatively higher resale values compared to crazier and sharper colors (yes, even red)
Very true. Edmunds.com marked me down $54 for having a red car to trade in.
I still went with red. :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
better than green or pink lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yep, I remember way back when in a impulse I almost bought an Apple Green Civic but my GF at the time (later my wife) talked me out of it. She's a keeper.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Red gets dumped on more

Loved that article because of this paragraph...

Accidents happen and so do bird droppings. You might think those flying defecators are tracking you around town and targeting your sleek new red car, but the fact is, it might actually be your car’s fault. The colour red causes birds to instinctually panic or gain alertness; kind of the same way matadors use a red cape to rile the bull. Unfortunately this colour shock causes the birds to loosen their bowels. Red is the colour of vehicles most commonly pooped on, attracting 18%, followed by blue with 14% and black with 11%.

:eek:

I could appreciate a silver car, but white and black are non-colors to me; although they look nice enough. It's amazing how many people think differently than I do. It's good we have options, even if I get pooped on more.

I always thought the problem with red was due to speeding tickets. Now I know.

:laugh:

·
Registered
438 Posts
since you are just leasing, who cares what color it is since you will likely throw the car back at the dealer lol

i dont mind a silver either, but my previous 2 cars have been silver so........

the red for the TLX is not as vibrant as the prototype shown, which was a bit of a letdown

regarding speeding tickets, i think the more you stand out from the rest of the traffic crowd, the more likely u will you become a police magnet. vibrant colors, heavy mods, loud noise, crazy led colors etc....and obvlously driving like a douchebag and speeding are the bigger factors

people complain how bland acura's sedan designs are, including the TLX. yes, the front is abit meh, but i prefer a not-so agressive styling unlike the lexus grill or infiniti Q50 front. those will likely attract police to pull you over than our "boring" TLX lol

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
since you are just leasing, who cares what color it is since you will likely throw the car back at the dealer lol

i dont mind a silver either, but my previous 2 cars have been silver so........

the red for the TLX is not as vibrant as the prototype shown, which was a bit of a letdown

regarding speeding tickets, i think the more you stand out from the rest of the traffic crowd, the more likely u will you become a police magnet. vibrant colors, heavy mods, loud noise, crazy led colors etc....and obvlously driving like a douchebag and speeding are the bigger factors

people complain how bland acura's sedan designs are, including the TLX. yes, the front is abit meh, but i prefer a not-so agressive styling unlike the lexus grill or infiniti Q50 front. those will likely attract police to pull you over than our "boring" TLX lol
All good points.:laugh:

My last car (2011 TSX) was red and my 2004 and 2007 were both silver. I guess I will have to try something different in 2018.

I agree. In this case boring is good. LOL.

·
Registered
438 Posts
for maximum resale value, summest should consider these colors for his next TLX:

IMG_20140927_161919.jpg

IMG_20140927_163116.jpg

·
Registered
222 Posts
Those are some really vibrant colors, not the most tasteful looking but i'm sure it's getting people to stop by and check it out, good attention getter

1 - 20 of 77 Posts