Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it seems like the last of the Japanese 6MT sedans are gone. Leaving only the germans to compete in that segment.

Does that bother anyone?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Not me. I could care less for it.
I plan on buying an older NSX, so when i really do get the urge to throw down some gears, it will be in my NSX.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So it seems like the last of the Japanese 6MT sedans are gone. Leaving only the germans to compete in that segment.

Does that bother anyone?
yes it bothers me, i will not buy the car because of that, there is nothing like a manual sports car

·
Registered
1 Posts
Noooo 6MT

I am very sad.... I refuse to buy a vehicle without a manual transmission.

I really don't like (or afford maintenance) German cars.

This was the last hope for a 4 door, rear/all wheel drive, 6 CYL Engine with a 6 speed manual. 1st the G37 6MT now the TL.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Definite deal breaker. though it doesn't really matter beacuse the bigger issue is making sure it has AWD... and I doubt that even if they offered the stick, that they would do it on the AWD V6. it would likely be limited to the FWD 2.4

·
Registered
105 Posts
It wouldn't be so bad if you could get the DCT with the V6. Acura has some great individual components but dreary application of them.

C'mon Acura. DCT only available with the 4 and FWD, V6 is only available with the 9 speed slushbox... REALLY?

·
Registered
44 Posts
It wouldn't be so bad if you could get the DCT with the V6. Acura has some great individual components but dreary application of them.

C'mon Acura. DCT only available with the 4 and FWD, V6 is only available with the 9 speed slushbox... REALLY?
I think at this point Acura just went full retard. how the **** do manage to screw up the transmission like that. A DCT in a four and not the V6? No manual? What the **** are they thinking. They just have got a fresh dose of stupid.

·
Registered
727 Posts
When no one clapped at the media event, that was a good sign of what members of the media thought about it, sad.
Either way this is an improvement, it will bring acura lovers back that didn't like the out going TL, thats for sure.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think at this point Acura just went full retard. how the **** do manage to screw up the transmission like that. A DCT in a four and not the V6? No manual? What the **** are they thinking. They just have got a fresh dose of stupid.
I heard on another forum that the DCT can't actually handle the power of the V6, which is even more mind boggling because acura built the DCT in house!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
really interesting layout choices for the TLX, Personally, as of now I find it difficult to decide which one I would prefer.

So 2.4l 4 cyl high revving engine that's probably the new Earth Dreams engine that is lighter and more torque with 8 speed DCT with TORQUE converter (why? probably to make it more smoother yet sporty ride?) which have better fuel economy.

or 3.5l v6 either the new Earth dreams engine or the same engine from the new RDX with a 9 speed automatic but with cylinder deactivation for better fuel economy as well.

Personally I would love an fuel efficient v6 vtec powerplant, but I also would want a DCT.

either way I have been searching for a new car and this car fits the bill perfectly :)
currently have 3.8l v6 genesis coupe :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Some automatics perform good enough that you can forget the ideal of a DCT, I think the new BMW 2 series is like this. Who knows, maybe the TLX is also like this?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some automatics perform good enough that you can forget the ideal of a DCT, I think the new BMW 2 series is like this. Who knows, maybe the TLX is also like this?
I am curious to see how well the new transmission performs

Still I am not going to buy it because I was personally looking for a 6MT sedan.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.