Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
2016 Acura TLX V6 Tech Package
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This here is a formal write up of how, where, and what is needed in order to give your '15-'17 TLX (or '18-'20 I4 TLX) the "Brazilian Butt Lift" and get that exposed exhaust look that you want. 馃敟
Go from this

To this

Or A-Spec Rear Bumper for those wanting a more sporty look

I - Parts Needed
Here I will list parts and their corresponding part numbers that you will need for the conversion. These OEM parts can be bought from the following Acura OEM Parts websites
** May I suggest that for the bumper itself you should try to buy it locally and do a local pickup from your dealer as freight shipping is very pricey. **

TLX V6 Bumper Conversion
  • Bumper: 04716-TZ3-A60ZZ (04715-TZ3-A71ZZ for my Advanced TLX owners)
  • Lower Garnish: 71502-TZ3-A00
  • Chrome Moldings: - Left Molding: 71509-TZ3-A00
- Right Molding: 71504-TZ3-A00
  • Reflectors: - Left Reflector:33555-TZ3-A11
- Right Reflector:33505-TZ3-A11

As far as I know, these are all the parts you need. Everything else such as screws and what not can be reused from your old bumper.

TLX A-Spec Bumper Conversion

• Bumper: 04715-TZ3-A51ZZ
  • Diffuser: 71598-TZ3-A50
  • Garnish: - Left Garnish: 71556-TZ3-A50
- Right Garnish: 71506-TZ3-A50
  • Reflector: - Left Reflector: 33555-TZ3-A21
-Right Reflector: 33505-TZ2-A21
Never tried this but looks like you can get OEM A-Spec exhaust tips they are called "Finishers" the part numbers are below
Finisher L: 18320-TZ3-A82
Finisher R: 18310-TZ3-A82

As far as I know, these are all the parts you need. Everything else such as screws and what not can be reused from your old bumper.

II - Body Work
As for the body work I say you can get it painted (the bumpers will not come painted) and install it yourself or get it painted and installed at a trusty dependable local body shop.

III - Exhaust Work
The exhaust work can be of course done at a local exhaust shop.

I also suggest that you have your own tips as exhaust shops may not carry the tips that you want so research the tips you want but make sure you measure the length of the exhaust cut outs for the bumper you are putting on so that the tips will fit.

You can also use a new muffler that will channel out of the exhaust cut-outs, do a muffler delete and straight pipe it and get custom tips or whatever you want to do here but you will need exhaust work done. Else your bumper will look funny with no exhaust coming out of the cut-outs.

IV - Tips & Tricks

My only trick I have is that the cost of your conversion is cheaper if you sell the parts that you are swapping out. 馃槈

@curatlx16 and anyone else who has done the conversion feel free to add anything else that this guide may be missing that would be good info to know! :cool:

Registered
Tremendous write up. I was looking for something like this a year ago when I was trying to do my conversion lol. I don鈥檛 think you missed a thing. Hope you鈥檙e enjoying your BBL 馃槀

Registered
2016 Acura TLX V6 Tech Package
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tremendous write up. I was looking for something like this a year ago when I was trying to do my conversion lol. I don鈥檛 think you missed a thing. Hope you鈥檙e enjoying your BBL 馃槀
No problem I had to do it we needed a guide cause so many people I saw in other threads wanted to get it done lol but heyyy it鈥檚 schmeez from Instagram!! Nice to see you on the forums!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts