Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Acura says that the delayed launch of the TLX sedan is one of the major reasons for the brand's year-to-date sales slump. Originally the TLX was to be released in May, but Acura pushed that back to late summer.

"We dialed back production of the outgoing models in anticipation that the TLX would be here a little bit sooner, and we literally sold out of the TSX and the TL," Accavitti told WardsAuto, pointing to the delay as the primary reason behind Acura's 1.8% volume dip during the first seven months of 2014.
The Acura MDX helped to soften the blow to Acura with its volume up 55.5% through July.

With the TLX on sale now, things should turn around for Acura.

·
Registered
727 Posts
So far consumer interest in the TLX seems to be good to me, people are receiving it well, once acura gets things sorted out on their end im sure they'll get many more people back into dealers.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is certainly what Acura is hoping for. So much riding on the TLX. It will be very interesting to see how things turn out when the next sales stats come out for Acura.

·
Registered
96 Posts
So far consumer interest in the TLX seems to be good to me, people are receiving it well, once acura gets things sorted out on their end im sure they'll get many more people back into dealers.
Not sure what you people are happy about. I rather a car have poor reviews and no interest, that way I can get a better deal on it, lol.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
That statement from Acura is only mostly true. They did dial back production of TL and TSX models, and had stopped production completely by the "expected" release date in May. However, the ILX and RLX are just not selling to expectation at all. That is a very troubling issue.

·
Registered
96 Posts
But that kind of implies that the car is ****, so I'm not exactly sure where you are coming from on that one.
Not necessarily. People are stupid for the most part and usually believe what they hear other stupid people say. I got an awesome deal on the TSX few years ago and I intend to get a great deal on the TLX if I decide on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.