Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Before now the closest thing that the Middle East had to an Acura were the Honda Integra (up until the late '90s) and the Honda Legend in 2008, both of which were badged as Acuras in the United States.

Now Acura has released its MDX crossover and TLX sedan in Kuwait via Al Mulla Auto Trading dealerships.

Al Futtaim Motors has been considering dealerships in the UAE, but nothing tangible has happened on that front at this point.

Other Acura models, like the RDX, ILX, RLX, and the upcoming NSX are not currently slated for release in the Mid-East though.

This is a big move for Acura as the brand looks to become a more global player in the luxury vehicle game. I am wondering when Acura will try its luck in Dubai, which (as I'm sure you know) has a famous car culture.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think Acura acted too late, been looking into the state of the auto industry in the Middle East and products like what Acura now offers will get scooped up quick over their. Dubai will do well with the NSX and the baby NSX, just not sure of anything under them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I thought I read that it was still being branded Honda though right? I can't say that definitively just going on memory. Can you confirm?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,
not sure about Mid East market but till 2014 Acura was sold unofficially in East Europe (Russia, Ukraine and etc) and in my place (I live in Cental Asia, Kazakhstan) only by private companies. I got my pre-owned TSX in 2011 from American auction. And in 2014 Acura opened two dealer offices in Moscow and three in Ukraine with 3 models MDX, RDX and TLX. Probably NSX will be also presented later.
This is my third Honda and I like it, I enjoy it)) Once I knew that sales would start officially in Russia, I was very happy and bought it in mid February.
Honestly I don't know why Acura management was so slow with making their cars global, they could get lots of worshippers and fans here how it was with Infiniti and Lexus that came in much earlier and managed to bite off a piece of ''pie''. Now I think they will have to struggle and I guess it will be difficult. The same situation I'm sure may be in other places like Mid East, for example.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Mid East seems like a very competitive market. One that Acura should be part of, but one that it might struggle in. I'm sure not every resident of the Mid East is wealthy enough for an NSX, so maybe the Acura TLX will appeal to people of more modest incomes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts