Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw these LED door projector accessories on another forum. I think they are cute, especially for grabbing attention. I have seen these LED projectors used at conferences and tech shows, but this is the first time I have seen them available for auto enthusiasts.

Acura MDX, RLX, TL (M013) - Wind Fire Auto

:nerd:

·
Registered
438 Posts
where do they attach to? the bottom of the doors?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a pair of these, works great and looks awesome.
Neat! I am not the only one that thought they are cool.

Was it a direct replacement for the light that was already there?

·
Registered
681 Posts
@Summest - any idea where these mount/what lights they replace? The photos aren't obvious, but the projection look awesome...is it overhead mount aimed on the floor mats? Puddle lights?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have those too, I got them on Amazon. They replace the fairly dim lights on the underside of the door that shine down on the ground when the door is open (puddle lights). The light module just pops out and this one just fits in perfectly.
Everyone who gets in to the car notices them (never heard a negative comment..)
I like them so much I bought a second set for our '11 MDX.. I didn't go so far as to do all for doors on the MDX.. if I recall correctly the TLX only has puddle lights on the front.
The amazon listing has a couple of pictures in the reviews
http://www.amazon.com/Wind-Fire-Dri...40&sr=8-1&keywords=wind+and+fire+acura+puddle

One reviewer mentions that they're not that bright.. he's not wrong - they are really only visible at night.. I was not really expecting otherwise..

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Summest - any idea where these mount/what lights they replace? The photos aren't obvious, but the projection look awesome...is it overhead mount aimed on the floor mats? Puddle lights?
As @tkris says, these fit in the place of the current lights in the bottom of the doors.

These are not to replace the puddle lights you get on the advance/elite package that are under the exterior rear view mirrors. I am not sure how they differentiate between the two types of lights since both light up the ground. (Maybe upper and lower puddle lights?) I have the Tech package on the I4. All TLXs have the lights under the door. I just went out to the garage and knelt down to take a look. This light is on the lower inside edge of the door.
Now I am tempted to get a pair of these projection lights. :laugh:

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fyi

I went the Amazon link that was provided. I found the first review helpful, if you are considering this easy mod.

===

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

These were a perfect fit for my 2011 MDX and my 2015 TLX
By T. Kasner on December 31, 2014

Verified Purchase

These were a perfect fit for my 2011 MDX and my 2015 TLX. The TLX is too new to show up on the vendor's fitment guide, but since the MDX was listed, I took a chance knowing they would fit at least one of the cars. I was happily surprised to find it worked on the new one too, I have another set on order.

The installation process was simple. On the Acura the connector is towards the rear of the vehicle.. so if you pry the old one down from the front of the vehicle you should have good luck. I used something about the shape of a butter knife to pry it out. You don't want to use something sharp, but it has to be thin and strong enough to overcome the retaining clip. The wiring harness on the MDX was fairly tight, and the release is between the light and the door, you have to squeeze the connector from the top (practically inside the door) to disconnect it. Attaching the new one was very simple.

Pay attention to the email they send you, it contains the detail that you have to install the LOGO into the unit yourself, it comes with a generic one, the Acura logo was in a bag in the box. I had a few minutes of "Did they send me the wrong one?" before noticing the anti static bag in the box. I saw the email after the fact that explained it.
===

·
Registered
255 Posts
I might be easily impressed, but I sent the link to these to my wife for my upcoming birthday.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I messed up the first time.

Batman on the driver's side

Imgur

I can't get enough of this.

Imgur
My family nicknames my TLX (Black Tech Elite SHAWD with Launh Kit) "The Batmobile"... so I gotta get a set of those. But I'm more a fan of the '60s (Adam West) vintage than the darker contemporary stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got my projectors put in last night. total time: 5 minutes to do both doors. easiest modifications I have ever made to any car. I used the little tool that came with it to pry the OEM lens out and disconnect the wire harness. Connect the wire harness to the new projector module and snap it back in. They are brighter than the originals.:)

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where did you buy your projectors? Amazon or straight from the main vendor? I think I am ready to order mine. :)

·
Registered
255 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
You know...pending what the puddle light image kit looks like, my wife has a Silhouette precision cutting craft tool that could make a vinyl stencil or cut-out of anything that I could imagine.

The TLX logo, perhaps

Hmmmmmmmm.......

1 - 20 of 185 Posts