Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on the American Consumer Satisfaction Index, Acura owners are the least satisfied of the bunch...

The study is based on phone and email interviews with 4,360 customers that purchased light vehicles in the past three years and was conducting from April 22 to May 29. Ranking at the bottom of the survey were Dodge (78) and Acura (77).
Mercedes, Subaru Top Customer Satisfaction Survey » AutoGuide.com News

Now I wonder why that is? Or if it even holds up to reality....

·
Registered
28 Posts
When an American carmaker beats Acura in customer satisfaction according to some data collection, I would tend to doubt the validity of the sample collection!

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
I can only speak from the Honda aspect (I haven't owned an Acura....yet) but after having owned GMs and Dodges, Honda beats them both hands downs in both product and customer satisfaction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
There's no details given in terms of Sample size/location. I'm sure that survey would be completely reversed if it was in Canada.

·
Registered
727 Posts
even when i make it clear i wasn't going to buy, the people at the MB dealer i went to were still helpful..amazing.

·
Registered
251 Posts
It it based on people's experience with the vehicle or is it more so due to the treatment and effectiveness of customer service?

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
"The American Customer Satisfaction Index was started by the University of Michigan's Ross School of Business. It is now conducted by ACSI, a national economic indicator of consumer evaluations of the quality of products and services available to household consumers in the United States."

My point exactly. I would love to see this in Canada, this would be completely different. As soon as I cross the borders into Michigan where my family lives, you don't see many Asian cars. That goes for most of the USA, its very pro big 3, and high end European for those with $$ to spend.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
I noticed the same thing. Here in the Ottawa area every other car you see is a Civic. When you go to the States you hardly see any. Two completely different markets for sure.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here this might help to understand. The coasts are more pro Japanese than the middle of the country...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Marketing and Politics two snake oils I can always do without!
well hold on, marketing and politics are both useful tools and I think its rash to dismiss them completely. As tools there are specific limits to what they can do, yes, the problem is not marketing and politics but the people that they effect. \

Its the influence people give them that makes them so parasitic. But now we're getting into a completely different conversation about education ;):D

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
well hold on, marketing and politics are both useful tools and I think its rash to dismiss them completely. As tools there are specific limits to what they can do, yes, the problem is not marketing and politics but the people that they effect. \

Its the influence people give them that makes them so parasitic. But now we're getting into a completely different conversation about education ;):D
....ummmmm. Yeah so Acura didn't do so great in this survey....Haha

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
....ummmmm. Yeah so Acura didn't do so great in this survey....Haha

see but I think that comes down to marketing. Advertising isn't selling you a product, its selling someone else's opinion of you. which means if you're unhappy with the image being sold of you you're likely going to be unhappy being associated with said product.

As we've discussed here in the past Acura's marketing is awful, hence Acura drivers are not viewed as prestigious from the outside, hence a lack of validation and satisfaction in the purchase... its a strange game...

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Could be. Interesting for sure. As we mentioned above, I wonder if it's the same situation on both sides of the border?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Could be. Interesting for sure. As we mentioned above, I wonder if it's the same situation on both sides of the border?

agreed that is an interesting question, ostensibly based on the amount of canadian members we have I would say they're much more likely to be satisfied with Acura than not. But I'm curious why...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts