Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincoln catches much flak from the automotive media for being Fords that are dressed well, but what about Acura? Its not like Acura is innovative on its own (or at all) double plus they lag behind Lincoln in sales as well, check it out.

2013 Sales

Lincoln MKZ: 32,361
Acura TSX: 17,484
Acura TL: 24,318

RLX sales are so ugly Acura is combing sales totals for RLX and sold old stock of 2012 RL's.

2013 Sales:

Lincoln MKS:10,793
Acura RLX: 5,053

Granted the RLX was only on sale for 11 out of 12 months, but when you consider RLX averages 450 cars per month it doesn't really matter...

·
Registered
339 Posts
The RLX isn't going to sell much. It never will.

The TL and MKZ are both very competitive cars. I think the less than accepted design really put people off from buying the TL

The new TLX will hopefully bring more buyers back to Acura.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't think even the RL did well when it came down to sales numbers. On the other hand though the TL seems to have been competitive in the segement. Not sure if it was brand new or second hand but I see a ton of those on the road. Lots of problems though.

·
Registered
727 Posts
What surprises me even more, Cadillac is coming out with an ATS-V sedan that's putting out over 400HP and comes with a 7 speed transmission. Crazy. Meanwhile this is what we get from Acura.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the ats-v is a different breed. but even the ats itself is way more engaging than tlx even sounds to be

1 - 5 of 5 Posts