Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I’m hoping someone can give me some feedback and help here. I’m really stuck with dealing with Honda/Acura where I’m not giving the fair treatment in my opinion.
If anyone has similar situation or experience please let me know. Here’s my story:
I’m a new 2015 Acura TLX Advanced fully loaded owner as of Oct 2014, and unfortunately I got into a car accident on Jan 13 this year. It’s 2 months now and the car is still sitting with the bodyshop. It’s an accident however the bumper needs to be replaced.
I chose to go thru RBC insurance and make a claim on the accident, and was told to bring this to CarStar in Markham.
The bodyshop has been very helpful, and I was supposedly getting my car by end of Jan once the bumper comes in and gets painted. However, since then my nightmare started. I have more than 4 delays already from the parts getting delayed and ETA on the parts keep changing with no firm arrival date even until today. It got pushed into February and now the latest update is Mar 15 will be when the dealer gets the bumper.
I have contacted Acura customer relations regarding the multiple delays hoping they can expedite the process. I have been told by Acura multiple dates and they keep changing and they have assured me that the part was coming in, but after the deadline passes each time, I get a new date. Eventually they mentioned they will pay for my current rental car that I’m driving (Chevy Cruze rented thru Enterprise), due to my insurance coverage for the rental running out. After 2 months of frustration, I called again and was told by Acura that they will offer $250 in service credit to be used for servicing by Acura in the future.
Does anyone think this is fair? Acura sells a car, however they can not provide parts for, meanwhile I’m still making lease payments to this luxury vehicle. I’m truly upset about the experience as Acura has repeatedly falsified about the delays or arrival dates of the parts. We are taking about a bumper and not a rebuilt of a car with transmission or engine…

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you ask them why the delay in parts? It could be related to the shipping strike that had been going on. I know they build these in OH but that could have something to do with the delay. With this being a brand new model that could also be part of the issue.

My wife hit a dear with her 2015 MDX the first week of December, did $7K damage, all cosmetic, thank god and there was no problem with the parts however the 2014 and 2015 used the same parts.

To be honest about it, I think they are being fair, at least they are offering you something. Try to get anything out of an American car manufacturer.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hi All,

I’m hoping someone can give me some feedback and help here. I’m really stuck with dealing with Honda/Acura where I’m not giving the fair treatment in my opinion.
If anyone has similar situation or experience please let me know. Here’s my story:
I’m a new 2015 Acura TLX Advanced fully loaded owner as of Oct 2014, and unfortunately I got into a car accident on Jan 13 this year. It’s 2 months now and the car is still sitting with the bodyshop. It’s an accident however the bumper needs to be replaced.
I chose to go thru RBC insurance and make a claim on the accident, and was told to bring this to CarStar in Markham.
The bodyshop has been very helpful, and I was supposedly getting my car by end of Jan once the bumper comes in and gets painted. However, since then my nightmare started. I have more than 4 delays already from the parts getting delayed and ETA on the parts keep changing with no firm arrival date even until today. It got pushed into February and now the latest update is Mar 15 will be when the dealer gets the bumper.
I have contacted Acura customer relations regarding the multiple delays hoping they can expedite the process. I have been told by Acura multiple dates and they keep changing and they have assured me that the part was coming in, but after the deadline passes each time, I get a new date. Eventually they mentioned they will pay for my current rental car that I’m driving (Chevy Cruze rented thru Enterprise), due to my insurance coverage for the rental running out. After 2 months of frustration, I called again and was told by Acura that they will offer $250 in service credit to be used for servicing by Acura in the future.
Does anyone think this is fair? Acura sells a car, however they can not provide parts for, meanwhile I’m still making lease payments to this luxury vehicle. I’m truly upset about the experience as Acura has repeatedly falsified about the delays or arrival dates of the parts. We are taking about a bumper and not a rebuilt of a car with transmission or engine…
Welcome to the Forum! Sorry to see your first post is a complaint.

Wish we could have heard from you last October when times were good. :(

Best of luck with getting a resolution.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Did you ask them why the delay in parts? It could be related to the shipping strike that had been going on. I know they build these in OH but that could have something to do with the delay. With this being a brand new model that could also be part of the issue.

My wife hit a dear with her 2015 MDX the first week of December, did $7K damage, all cosmetic, thank god and there was no problem with the parts however the 2014 and 2015 used the same parts.

To be honest about it, I think they are being fair, at least they are offering you something. Try to get anything out of an American car manufacturer.
Good point on American car manufacturers, from my experinence and through the experience of many.... .GM dealers are the worst.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Your frustration is understandable. Seems that they are being fair but cannot comment on the relationship between your body shop and the parts supplier.

Seems you are in Canada so should have an Elite rather than Advance model. The bumper on the Elite is be slightly different as it has cutouts for the headlight washers, and this could contribute to the shortage of parts.

Hope it is fixed soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

Hi Guys, thanks for the responses.

I was told this is a 2015, therefore there is no aftermarket parts and Acura probably do not have enough parts to go around. They told me this has nothing to do with the shipping strike, as I even asked if this is coming from overseas. But who knows... I guess I'm the only one that has damaged the bumper for a whole new car. But wouldn't it be funny for a manufacturer to sell a car without any parts, you would think. However, 2 months is a VERY LONG delay for just a bumper wouldn't you think?

And yes it's an elite model which is equivalent to advanced model to the US. The cost of all this is $7100 for the repair, all cosmetic and man is it expensive.

The part is ordered thru Honda dealership directly, so its not a third party. Honda/Acura customer relations is able to see the order with under the car's VIN, however no one is able to give me a firm arrival date of the part, other than a repeated ETA for the last 2 months...

I traded in my 2012 TL and overall the car is better, however there are 2 annoyances that make it a disappointment. The infamous 2-3rd gear shift is always rough even when the car is warmed up, and the subwoofer deck rattles... It's odd that it rattles as the bass is non existent compared to my older TL, even using the hack disabling ANC the bass is still very weak...

Overall I think Acura failed on the launch with some quality issues and parts issue :crying:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sorry to hear about your frustration. I can't imagine being without your car for that long.

That being said, I think Acura has been pretty fair, they have offered compensation which is a decent amount.
The car is very new, most of the resources at this stage are going into production.
So parts like you need are scarce, as more are sold and parts build up then you get more floating around.
This is very normal for all manufaturers for new generation vehicles.

So yes, very frustrating. I think they have done what they can, no one can magic a part out of thin air and I doubt they would be holding it back or being slow just to pee you off.
Just my two cent.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I traded in my 2012 TL and overall the car is better, however there are 2 annoyances that make it a disappointment. The infamous 2-3rd gear shift is always rough even when the car is warmed up, and the subwoofer deck rattles... It's odd that it rattles as the bass is non existent compared to my older TL, even using the hack disabling ANC the bass is still very weak...
The deck rattles should only be classified as an issue if you have taken it in and they cannot fix. The 2-3 is a work-in-process for some people.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The deck rattles should only be classified as an issue if you have taken it in and they cannot fix. The 2-3 is a work-in-process for some people.
I took this in back in December before my crash, however dealer dismissed me saying the 2-3 shift is normal, and they simply asked me to turn down my subwoofer and bass. Even set at middle it will still rattle... I didn't have the time to go back since my crash however.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I took this in back in December before my crash, however dealer dismissed me saying the 2-3 shift is normal, and they simply asked me to turn down my subwoofer and bass. Even set at middle it will still rattle... I didn't have the time to go back since my crash however.
Brian....if your dealer isn't giving you any help with these items, you can take your car to another Acura dealer and lodge a complaint with Acura.

·
Registered
222 Posts
even filing a complaint to Acura HQ will be good, might even help to achieve more, putting pressure on the dealership.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Have you filed a complaint with nhtsa?

It couldn't hurt and it's another straw on the camel's back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will take it back again to dealer or file a complaint with acura about the dealership. My car has been hibernating in the last 2 months, for some weird reason I hope when it comes back to me finally, the hard shift and rattles will mysteriously disappear.

Somehow I feel that if I take my car to another dealer to solve an issue, they will be reluctant to help... as they never sold me the car.

Otherwise, its a very nice car to drive... However the constant gear problem and sound issue holds it back from perfect in my opinion.

I might get my car back next week, if I do, I'll post an update. Thank you guys

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have you filed a complaint with nhtsa?

It couldn't hurt and it's another straw on the camel's back.
We dont have NHTSA in Canada. The equivalent to NHTSA in Canada is called Transport Canada. I will look into this though.

·
Registered
681 Posts
As an aside the sub woofer rattle sounds familiar. Have you searched the forum? It may have been a rear speaker back deck mounting issue, and was a easy fix if i remember.

But with no bumper, it does slide down the priority list...

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
681 Posts
This is BS on the dealers part. Escalate imho.

Sorry - BS = Bad Suggestion

What dealership in GTA?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
We dont have NHTSA in Canada. The equivalent to NHTSA in Canada is called Transport Canada. I will look into this though.
Thanks! I am still learning of the US and Canada differences. :)

I would think any Acura dealer should be able to help you if you bought it there or not.

In the past I bought my Honda's down south at Largo Honda when it was down on Key Largo in the Florida Keys. My parents had a home there and Largo Honda had great deals. Whenever I took the car in for service, I was in Jacksonville, Florida or North or South Maryland. I am sure I heard others say the same about Acuras.

Good luck.

Transport Canada's website -> Defect Investigations and Recalls - Transport Canada

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is BS on the dealers part. Escalate imho.

Sorry - BS = Bad Suggestion

What dealership in GTA?
This is Markham Acura. The tech just turns off my subwoofer and lowers the bass.... :mad::mad::

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks! I am still learning of the US and Canada differences. :)

I would think any Acura dealer should be able to help you if you bought it there or not.

In the past I bought my Honda's down south at Largo Honda when it was down on Key Largo in the Florida Keys. My parents had a home there and Largo Honda had great deals. Whenever I took the car in for service, I was in Jacksonville, Florida or North or South Maryland. I am sure I heard others say the same about Acuras.

Good luck.

Transport Canada's website -> Defect Investigations and Recalls - Transport Canada
Thank you Summest. My experience with Acuras/Hondas in Canada has been disappointing when it comes to warranty or defects. The dealers will take it in and tell me there is no problem and send me home. The head company builds good cars, however dealers are another story. I feel like Acura is not a true luxury brand when they service their clients...

So instead of that kind of thrill... I feel it's that kind of disappointment at times :|

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Thank you Summest. My experience with Acuras/Hondas in Canada has been disappointing when it comes to warranty or defects. The dealers will take it in and tell me there is no problem and send me home. The head company builds good cars, however dealers are another story. I feel like Acura is not a true luxury brand when they service their clients...

So instead of that kind of thrill... I feel it's that kind of disappointment at times :|
That is a bummer. :(

Hope things get better once the weather improves. Definitely continue to make noise with Acura Customer Relations.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts