Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Acura is going to have its own sales and marketing division separate from Honda for the first time in its history. In a statement, Acura said that the move is intended to create greater clarity and more cohesive sales and marketing plans that are better suited for its products.

The reason behind the move can also be elucidated from the fact that Acura also experienced a 10 percent drop in combined sales of its ILX, TSX, TL and RLX sedans.

It's not clear right now what strategy Acura will take moving forward, though there has been some rumors that it focus on the brand's performance image. Those rumors probably stem from the upcoming racing version of the upcoming TLX sedan will enter the highly competitive Pirelli World Challenge, and the 2015 release of Acura's second generation NSX.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Acura does not have a marketing problem, they have a product problem. This is simply kicking the can down the road. It doesnt matter how stellar your adverts are, if the product cant cash the checks its all superfluous...

·
Registered
4 Posts
If Acura really want to focus on their performance image, they need to start by making it once again possible to get navigation and a manual transmission in the same car.

·
Registered
339 Posts
If Acura really want to focus on their performance image, they need to start by making it once again possible to get navigation and a manual transmission in the same car.
you are refering to the ILX?

because prior to that i am not sure if there were many cars that had manual with navi from acura

maybe the csx?

the TL you could as well.

·
Registered
727 Posts
you are refering to the ILX?

because prior to that i am not sure if there were many cars that had manual with navi from acura

maybe the csx?

the TL you could as well.
To my knowledge that was also it, I don't think the last gen TL ever came in Manual, it would be the only vehicle to get it if one did. And we definitely know the RL wouldn't have got it

·
Registered
339 Posts
it does come in manual.

the TL, TSX and ILX come in manual.

Now its only the ILX.

I know Acura tried to keep the 6MT for as long as possible but the truth is that noone buys the manual so they got rid of it

I personally think they should sell a very small number of them as a limited edition sort of vehicle. Kind of like the Type S. If it doesnt sell very well just dont make very many of them.

·
Registered
727 Posts
it does come in manual.

the TL, TSX and ILX come in manual.

Now its only the ILX.

I know Acura tried to keep the 6MT for as long as possible but the truth is that noone buys the manual so they got rid of it

I personally think they should sell a very small number of them as a limited edition sort of vehicle. Kind of like the Type S. If it doesnt sell very well just dont make very many of them.
do you think the lack of interest in manuals could be due to how the rest of the car is? and maybe that there are better manual sedan options out their?

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
well that is no doubt

cars aren't being offered in manuals anymore that use to be offered in manual

but at the same time. even when people have manual to choose from they still choose automatic.

and i've seen it happen MANY times before

I'm one of those guys who will buy a manual when I say I will.

If they sell the TLX in manual. I will buy one.

If its available in auto. I wont buy one.

Simple.

But there aren't very many of me. I am lucky because my better half drives manual as well

Too many times I hear people say "I want a manual but the wife doesnt know how to drive manual so I have to buy an automatic..."

So maybe the solution is to teach more girls how to drive auto? Or people in general?

All my cars are manual and you would be surprised how inconvenient it is when people need to drive your car.

Noone borrows me car because noone really knows how to drive manual.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.