Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Acura has unveiled the 2015 ILX, but at the same time it has cut the ILX Hybrid from its lineup. The hybrid variant of the ILX had a 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine, an electric motor and a 144 volt lithium-ion battery. American Honda executive vice president John Mendel called this engine "underpowered and consumers don't see the value [in it]."

The 2015 Acura ILX will be priced from $27,050 excluding a destination charge of $895.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yea, because isn't Acura only active in North America? So they are taking it out of the states but keeping it in Canada. There can't be very high sales of it in Canada. I'm surprised its still profitable for them to produce it in such a small quantity for just Canada.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yea, because isn't Acura only active in North America? So they are taking it out of the states but keeping it in Canada. There can't be very high sales of it in Canada. I'm surprised its still profitable for them to produce it in such a small quantity for just Canada.
I know that they are also in china, that's a fact, so maybe they could make it available over there?

it could also be the case that they want to launch it in canada first just to see how things go, how well canadians accept it and then start going into the american market with it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
That's a fair point. Canada would work pretty well as a test market for the ILX Hybrid before it heads to the US, but I also know that the two markets cannot be considered identical.

It does seem like there would be demand for luxury sedan hybrids in the US, so I'm not exactly sure why they aren't selling it in the first place though. Maybe it has something to do with the composition of their lineup in the US. Perhaps they would rather have people buy another one of their vehicles instead.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I believe with gas in the US being cheaper it gives people more of a reason to stick to just petrol engine vehicles along with other things too, some of which i don't know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts