Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the bill in the mail for my first payment and being Saturday I can't contact Acura Financial Services. I qualified for the Advantage Program and received the $500 credit towards accessories and I was told by my sales person that the first payment would be made by Acura and the balance would be in a gift card for the remaining balance up to a total of $1,000. There was no credit on my first bill. Has anyone else dealt with this yet??? - I know there was some confusion at the dealership when I bought the car.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Hope this brightens your weekend...

Just got the bill in the mail for my first payment and being Saturday I can't contact Acura Financial Services. I qualified for the Advantage Program and received the $500 credit towards accessories and I was told by my sales person that the first payment would be made by Acura and the balance would be in a gift card for the remaining balance up to a total of $1,000. There was no credit on my first bill. Has anyone else dealt with this yet??? - I know there was some confusion at the dealership when I bought the car.
On my purchase, they made the first car payment on day 1. I got the bill for next month's car payment about 2 weeks later. From what I have been told by various sources, the $500 debit card will arrive in 5 to 6 weeks after purchase. The $500 off for accessories was used when I signed the paperwork. I got $480 worth of stuff and had a $200 installation fee. All this was covered in the lease. I got my last accessory about 2 weeks later; my spare tire kit. I am still waiting for my $500 debit card, but it's only been 3 weeks for me. You can use the $500 debit card however you like, but it will not be here in time for your second payment.

I think I would be more concerned about your accessories.:)

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's why I never jump on "extra, special, first 10 in the door" sales gimmicks. A car will cost the same 365 days per year. It all depends on how much money the dealership wants to make that month. If they want to send me a gift card few month down the road, it's their business. I'm negotiating my terms today.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Can one of our moderators condense this discussion on the advantage program?

I posted in another discussion the fact that I took a chance that I would like the car and did the advantage program. As a result I got both the spoiler and the splash guards for only $113 beyond the $500 credit and free installation as part of my agreement. I took out my first car loan ever, since the $1000 credit was greater than the total 1.9% interest of $668 giving me a negative effective interest rate. I had to sell no assets to purchase the TLX. My first payment is in November. I expect my $1000 debit card between now and then.

I also got the first slate silver I4 tech the dealer received on Sept 20th. My only problem was with the wrinkles in the leather seat covers and that got resolved by a very good service department. Glad I took the chance and signed up before ever seeing a TLX.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here is the US lease version of the advantage deal.

The requirement was you had to be an existing AFS customer, place deposit of $500 or more on a TLX that was not in stock before a certain day (I forgot) and take delivery before Oct 31.

In return you get 2 payments of up to $500 each (the second one being a Visa gift card) and $500 in accessories, not including labor.

I took part in this deal and here's how my situation went down. Order my car in mid August, took delivery end of August. At delivery Acura made the first payment. I choose my accessories and had them installed. Received my 2nd payment bill, paid that out of my pocket and I am waiting for my gift card. I called Acura Financial on Friday and they said the gift card will take 6 to 8 weeks after delivery of the car. If I don't receive anything by mid November to call the finance department at the dealership.

In the meantime I will make a list of things to purchase until it comes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.