Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, This is my first time posting here so forgive me if I break any of the rules. I have a 2015 TLX 2.4l 4cylinder with tech package, with 45k miles on it. Which i purchased certified preowned from acura back in august of 2018 with 26k miles on it. My warranty is about to expire and I was curious what everyone thought about purchasing the extended warranty? Right now I for around $2400 I can get another 3 years/36k miles. I'm just curious if you guys think this is worth it? I never have had any issues with the car besides speakers being replaced.

·
Registered
2020 TLX, 3.5L, Tech package, Modern steel metallic
26 Posts
For my 2 cents worth I might consider just banking the money ($2,400) and take care of the maintenance as prescribed in the manual. If I'm reading your note correctly (and if my math skills have not totally eroded) you're putting on a bit less that 10k miles/yr. Assuming nothing unusual happens you'll only have about 75k on the odometer when the extended warranty expires. My experience with Honda/Acura products is that, excepting known recall issues, you should easily get 100k out of your ride. I've always had the 6 cyl versions (3 TL's, 1 TLX, 1 Accord) so some of the 4 cyl contributors might wish to weigh in with their thoughts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts