Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need a resistor to by pass or you can get a kit which is about $300 or so.

View attachment 27292
Have a link for any of that? My google fu has let me down this time. I can only find kits for a Civic Type R, although my airbag company said they have had one customer use a Cvic kit and had it work. Leery of this third hand "yeah its just plug and play" stuff.

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why would anyone want to defeat a tuned suspension?
I ripped it all out and put mine on an Airlift suspension. I thought the car was a few inches too high. Too much fender gap. Plus, I wouldnt really call the OEM suspension "tuned" tbh. Computer assisted/controlled doesnt equate to "tuned". To each his own though

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Computer assisted control doesn’t equate to tuned? Compared to a non CSC its tuned and provides multiple settings for the type of driving Getting inputs from accelerometers!
No, I wouldnt consider the OEM suspension that has trouble on the track a tuned suspension, but everyone has their opinion.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Since this car is not a track car, but a street car, the tune for the suspension is for the street. By defeating the current setup and using the car on the street is nothing but counter productive. So tell us how much do you track the car?

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not at all. Like I said, I thought the car was a bit too high, and wanted mine lowered, and still want to use the car in Sport and Sport+. To do that, I need to get rid of the ADS error. Are we going to sit here and argue opinions or do you have anything productive to add?

·
Registered
2022 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
24 Posts
Not at all. Like I said, I thought the car was a bit too high, and wanted mine lowered, and still want to use the car in Sport and Sport+. To do that, I need to get rid of the ADS error. Are we going to sit here and argue opinions or do you have anything productive to add?
I agree with you 100%.
May I ask what kit you purhased and where can I order one from?
I too agree that this TLX SH AWD should not look like A FOUR WHEEL DRIVE.

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
283 Posts
I know that I'm a grumpy old man yelling at kids to get off my lawn, but just want to throw it out there that not everybody thinks it's a great idea to drop a car that low. I can't even begin to imagine how scratched up the bottom of that front end is.........But hey, to each their own!

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know that I'm a grumpy old man yelling at kids to get off my lawn, but just want to throw it out there that not everybody thinks it's a great idea to drop a car that low. I can't even begin to imagine how scratched up the bottom of that front end is.........But hey, to each their own!
I wouldnt drive it that low lol, that is just for those few pictures. Its on air suspension, so I can raise and lower it as I need, to get into driveways and such. I drive it with about a 1.5 inch fender gap, there is plenty of room. Plus, I also have my dampers set stiffer, so there is less travel for the wheel. The front end is barely scuffed at all.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts