Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All though the headline is more alarmist than anything. The crux of it is they're not sure what the next Euro is going to be, although being based on the TLX has been ruled out...

“What I am saying is that there may or may not be a new Euro. It's pretty much as simple as that,” he said. “We are very unique, we are maybe the only country in the world of any substance to be selling both cars side-by-side. The Euro decision is very much driven by Europe.”
Honda 2014 Accord Euro - Future uncertain for Honda Accord Euro | GoAuto

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm confused. Is the Euro its own separate model from the Accord? What do they mean by selling both cars side by side. Are they talking about the TLX and the Honda Accord?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Looking at this article again and seeing this:

In Australia, the current Accord Euro was met with critical acclaim upon its release, but sales have slowed since with Honda selling just 1834 examples of the car in 2013
Maybe it's worth it to chop the Euro R completely

·
Registered
339 Posts
The Euro Accord is never based on the TL

Its always based on the TSX which is now axed

I guess in Europe they will continue to use the TSX chassis.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Id be interested to see how it goes

I'm not sure how well the Euro Accord sells.

But if they axe it Honda doesnt really have a viable replacement for that segment.. Which I would assume is a popular one.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I wish I knew more about the european market but likely it probably sells well and chopping it would be bad for them.

·
Registered
339 Posts
they haven't mentioned that they will be completely stopping production of the TSX.

I think they are still selling the TSX wagon and will continue making them? There is a chance the Euro Accord will continue to be made.

·
Registered
727 Posts
That is true. maybe they just wanted to chop TSX production in the U.S. due to sales lower than what they expected, it hasn't been doing that well.

·
Registered
317 Posts
they haven't mentioned that they will be completely stopping production of the TSX.

I think they are still selling the TSX wagon and will continue making them? There is a chance the Euro Accord will continue to be made.
seems like europe loved them more
they did also get a Euro R version
meanwhile the U.S. was stuck with regular models

·
Registered
339 Posts
US is always stuck with the regular cars :)

I guess North America doesn't care for performance. Seems like we just want basic cars.

·
Registered
228 Posts
US is always stuck with the regular cars :)

I guess North America doesn't care for performance. Seems like we just want basic cars.
You must be kidding. Americans love performance cars. More power the better, right? I can't see Honda just stopping selling in this segment in Europe so they must have a replacement in the works.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The days of that happening are done. I'd be surprised if any tuners like Spoon get ahold of this. Maybe one will since there is a TLX race car, it could push the idea of some aftermarket parts beyond what we'd expect.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.