Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
Frist post here:)I just have a problem with my 14 RLX.When I trying to turn off the vehicle like normal(In park and ebrake on)small screen show ''accessory mode''and when I trying to lock it it shows ''push button twice to turn off...''I try it but it just keep saying push twice, I can't lock the car cause it in accessory mode.After I try couple time it finally turn off like normal does.Wondering anybuddy have the same situation before?Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
650 Posts
For the most part on all keyless Acura’s. To go to “Accessory 1” mode: Foot off brake, press start button once. This will allow you to listen to your music. To go to “Accessory 2” mode: Foot off brake, press start button twice. This will turn on ALL accessories. To turn off: Press start button (and everything should go back to sleep). It sounds like what is happening with you is that you are pressing accessory mode once to listen to music and you would then need to hit start button twice more to get out of accessory mode. If your vehicle is doing something else, you may have a weak remote battery, a weak car battery or some other problem. Keep in mind that this is a TLX board you are posting at, but it should be the same.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
yes the key - no pun intended - is the three steps but all with your foot off the brake as soon as you foot is on the brake it will start. As #Crashmaster said there cycles.

Push 1x Accessory Mode 1 (radio, windows, screens etc) >>>
Push again Accessory Mode 2 (Pre ignition, car control system activated (dash warning lights, day time running lights, all systems on as if engine was running) >>>
Push again all is off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the most part on all keyless Acura’s. To go to “Accessory 1” mode: Foot off brake, press start button once. This will allow you to listen to your music. To go to “Accessory 2” mode: Foot off brake, press start button twice. This will turn on ALL accessories. To turn off: Press start button (and everything should go back to sleep). It sounds like what is happening with you is that you are pressing accessory mode once to listen to music and you would then need to hit start button twice more to get out of accessory mode. If your vehicle is doing something else, you may have a weak remote battery, a weak car battery or some other problem. Keep in mind that this is a TLX board you are posting at, but it should be the same.
Thank you for the note! It didn't happen when I use other key.Gonna check the key battery or signal...Can't find the rlx board, should be the same system.Love the group here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes the key - no pun intended - is the three steps but all with your foot off the brake as soon as you foot is on the brake it will start. As #Crashmaster said there cycles.

Push 1x Accessory Mode 1 (radio, windows, screens etc) >>>
Push again Accessory Mode 2 (Pre ignition, car control system activated (dash warning lights, day time running lights, all systems on as if engine was running) >>>
Push again all is off.
Yeah, should be just something wrong with my key here.No a problem with my wifes key.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having that same problem with my 2012 Acura TL. It happened once when my husband was driving it. He had to unhook the battery to fix it because he didn't know what to do. It ended up fixing itself. Now today it has done it twice. My husband took it for a drive then it would shut off, but when I took it for a drive it wouldn't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts