Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't recall the series of events but I was driving with ACC enabled... I believe I then turned on LKAS. System was tracking the lane fine but then I felt the car slow down... I noticed the ACC was not enabled. Every time I tried to enable I was presented with the message "ACC set to off" I was able to set and use regular CC but could not get ACC to engage. I finally pulled over shut off the car, restarted and got back on the highway and ACC was behaving normally.

What do you think, it entered some sort of safe mode and disabled ACC? Traffic was light on the highway.

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
You don't "turn on" LKAS. When you press the Main button, both ACC w/LSF and LKAS are turned ON/OFF

There are a lot of conditions that may explain your experience. See the Owner's Manual: pages 352-364
The last page (364) may be what you encountered. If you press and hold the distance button, it will change to Normal Cruise (not ACC).

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I hadn't placed on Normal cruise, as I said I manually turned it on to see if it was that was working, which it was. When I placed back into ACC mode anytime I tried to engaged it the message came up "ACC set of off".

Probably a fluke thing, what was frustrating more so was that I had to "reboot" the car to get it working again.

·
Registered
191 Posts
My wife had the same issue one time ... I was passenger and she says the car didn't like her ;)
From what I may think, it may be the temperature, some condensation in front of the camera/radar or some dirt (but car seemed clean).
I took the car a few hours later, no issue.

Maybe a glitch solved by a stop/start. Not a big deal for me as this happened only once. I think of a security "stop" disabling ACC if there is some issues to avoid incident.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Happened to me again... twice this week. I might make a appt to have it looked at, perhaps they can pull a log/codes from the system. Has anyone else had it happened more than once?

·
Registered
666 Posts
It has happened to me once a few months ago. Had the car for 12 months, with 14,000km on the clock.

·
Registered
681 Posts
No message or incident like this for me...is it a documented message somewhere?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No pattern only that it has happened on the hightway about 65MPH and all three times within about 10 seconds of engaging.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem

I purchased a new 2015 TLX with the works on November 1. I have this same issue from time to time. The acc will not activate. However, up to now it will come back after I have turned the car off. This seems to be a software issue as I am a very careful reader of both the printed and DVD-based information and have tried everything when the car goes into this mode. I am calling my dealer today. Thanks to the forum and having seen it is not my problem alone!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a 2015 ADV V6 and the issue comes up randomly and a restart of the car fixes the issue. I do remember one time, I hit a snow bank and that deactivated the ACC, probably due to the radar being blocked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My experience and a request

My TLX SH-AWD 2015 has about 16,000 mi on it. This has happened 7 or 8 times, always at highway speeds. I notice that the ACC has just quit, and it can either be turned on by restarting the car, but sometimes after 5 or so minutes without a shutoff (though most of the time it will require shutoff).
I talked to the factory and a dealer. They say nothing appears in my logs, and they are not aware of any issue, nor are there any software fix notifications that mention any such issue.
BTW, this is dangerous. We could rear-end someone directly as a consequence of this issue.
If anyone finds anything out, please post.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
...We could rear-end someone directly as a consequence of this issue....
How do you figure you could rear end someone if the ACC stops working? The cruise control is NOT controlling the car, you still have control via the gas pedal. Are you experiencing something else?

·
Registered
4 Posts
ACC Shuts self off

Happened to me about 6 or 7 times in the 2 1/2 years I've had the car.
I can't duplicate it.
I'm pretty sure conditions were a bit different each time (am I braking, accelerating?), except that it always happened on the freeway.
Have to either shut car off and turn on, or wait 20 minutes or so, but sometimes waiting doesn't work.
Asked dealer to check logs; they can't find anything.
Talked to Corporate, but they said they've never heard of it.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If the ACC is not working you are controlling the car and brakes at that point. the odds of it failing when brakes are needed are slim and given all the indications that it is not working very unlikely to rear end someone.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts