Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else find it odd that when you press the auto button (which turns on the AC) the AC status light is off? Even if you manually turn on the AC, anytime you press auto it turns it off even though the AC is, in fact on.

Wonder what the reason was behind that misleading information (not seriously misleading).

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Funny you bring this up. My 17 year old daughter and I had that same conversation last week. "Dad, it's hot why is the AC off?" " it's not off....it's on auto"..... Long pause. "Then why isn't the AC light on?"

I guess maybe because it will cycle on and off to maintain the temperature they don't let the light go on and off?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is funny... great minds think alike (not sure if I just dropped myself to a 17 year old or.....)

I think its an over sight on Acura's part.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Agreed - I was messing around with climate controls in our heat, and saw the same thing. There are really 3 (not 2) choices: Off, On, and Auto...

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I find it also a bit odd that the climate control shortcuts are not available until the system is on. Kind of silly have to have shortcuts if you first have to turn on the system to make them work.

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
I find it also a bit odd that the climate control shortcuts are not available until the system is on. Kind of silly have to have shortcuts if you first have to turn on the system to make them work.
I too found that silly. I wanted my climate shortcut enabled, but had to enable the system in order to enable the shortcut!!

I wonder if this works for the Audio Shortcuts. Does the radio need to be ON for them to be active?

Still looking for a Voice command for Shortcuts!!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No the radio doesn't have to be on for the shortcuts to work... sounds like someone wasn't specific in the requirements design. Love the shortcuts though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts