Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question to the forum, I've been reading this forum pretty much since November trying to decide what to do. I've narrowed it down to the FWD Elite (I'm Canadian).
my questions are:
1. in the V6, has the update really fixed the issues people have been griping about? I've driven the car a few times, it does not really seem to be evident to me on the hard shifts. It has always been warm out (above freezing). does the problem come later on... past 1000K? The demo i drove was almost brand new.

2. I have noticed that the tires seem to spin a fair amount, not sure if this is due to the sandy roads (its spring time)

3. In the Canadian model, people seem to be complaining about the Navigation.
Is the phone enabled app able to send destinations to the car?

·
Registered
251 Posts
You may want to take a look at this thread. If you don't find the answer there then maybe you can ask your question there and you'll find some answers.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may want to take a look at this thread. If you don't find the answer there then maybe you can ask your question there and you'll find some answers.

Welcome to the forum!

thanks for the reply...however that update is not offered to Canadians at the moment.
so my real interest is in the Acura APP. i know it can send locations to the NAV, but i'm not sure it can in CANADA, if its the case, i wouldn't need the VOICE command interface with navigation ( as i have heard its really painful to use). just something i could not t est on a test drive.

·
Registered
666 Posts
1. The v6 update is not available in Canada. Had my car since last September and there is a bump from 2-3 but it is not a problem.

2. You can always change tires down the line or negotiate a different set for time of delivery.

3. The Navigation is an inconvenience to use while driving. Much easier and safer to stop and enter the address. AcuraLink is provided for a year so you can send the destination remotely or use the Concierge service in the car.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I would highly recommend negotiating a different set even before you take delivery, its the best case scenario... it's still technically 'new' so no loss to you and it's easy for the dealer to sell or use them elsewhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would highly recommend negotiating a different set even before you take delivery, its the best case scenario... it's still technically 'new' so no loss to you and it's easy for the dealer to sell or use them elsewhere.
any quick suggestions as to what tire would work for this car?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just mentioned that during a test drive i found them to spin a lot off a stop. around corners, etc.
Then someone suggested i negotiate a new set of tires. i was asking if anyone else noticed they spun out a lot? no real issue with performance in my mind.
it might be due to the sand on the streets post winter.

personally, this forum seems to plant more bad ideas in my head... then i go test drive it again to get them out of my head.
I just want to make the best possible deal this weekend....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Since I have never driven the TLX in anything but "normal" mode I can't speak from experience but it maybe that if you test drove in "sport" or "sportx" mode and, combined with the sand on the road the tires may spin more. I haven't noticed any problems with mine. The only thing I don't like about it is the lack of a spare tire. :eek:

This forum can get to you a little if you let it. When I first joined I spent a lot of time reading about complaints especially with the transmission. But I have noticed a lot fewer complaints lately and have not experienced any of the problems I read about. This is my third Acura and I have found that my dealer works hard to keep me happy. If I experience any problems they will be the first to know. >:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I agree. I'm signing papers tomorrow. Pretty excited actually.
It's funny in my overnight test drive I preferred normal mode. Acted more like a luxury car in my opinion. I'm leaving a 06 Lexus gs300 for it. Never owned an Acura but had a few accords in my 20's

I still can decide on color though ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just a quick question to the forum, I've been reading this forum pretty much since November trying to decide what to do. I've narrowed it down to the FWD Elite (I'm Canadian).
my questions are:
1. in the V6, has the update really fixed the issues people have been griping about? I've driven the car a few times, it does not really seem to be evident to me on the hard shifts. It has always been warm out (above freezing). does the problem come later on... past 1000K? The demo i drove was almost brand new.
There have been software updates for the 9-speed that seem to have smoothed the low-gear shifting (though not completely perfect) and the 2016 MDX's 9-speed shifting is reported to be very good; it may be that a new TLX today would already have those updates.

I just mentioned that during a test drive i found them to spin a lot off a stop. around corners, etc.
Then someone suggested i negotiate a new set of tires. i was asking if anyone else noticed they spun out a lot? no real issue with performance in my mind.
it might be due to the sand on the streets post winter.
The V6 is quite powerful and the aggressive gearing makes it easy to spin the OEM tires with the non-AWD TLX. Typical suggestions for tires would be high-performance all seasons like the Michelin Pilot A/S 3 or Continental DWS. It's worth a try to see if the dealer would go for a swap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Made the plunge today. They have offered to buy the tires back but at a hefty discount.
Will think it over the weekend.
White/espresso v6 elite. Fwd
Wanted to go awd but the rebates on fwd were better.
I'll have to get some snows next winter.
I'll post some pics next week when I get it.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Made the plunge today. They have offered to buy the tires back but at a hefty discount.
Will think it over the weekend.
White/espresso v6 elite. Fwd
Wanted to go awd but the rebates on fwd were better.
I'll have to get some snows next winter.
I'll post some pics next week when I get it.
Congratulations!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Congratulations to you ichurch!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, I picked up the car today, I love it! Dealer offered me 100 per tire and upgraded to the A/S 3's
I decided for 450 bucks, I could get rid of one of my worries about the car.
No spinning at all today so I'll say it was worth it.
Thanks for all the advice, I'm a happy camper!!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
So, I picked up the car today, I love it! Dealer offered me 100 per tire and upgraded to the A/S 3's
I decided for 450 bucks, I could get rid of one of my worries about the car.
No spinning at all today so I'll say it was worth it.
Thanks for all the advice, I'm a happy camper!!
Congratulations! Any pics! :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nice move!

I've had my TLX for 5 weeks now and let me say that the thrill is NOT gone...

Reactions: Wade and Summest

·
Registered
255 Posts
I also like the fact that I don't see a TLX every time that I turn a corner, unlike the Lexus IS 250 or BMW 3 series. The IS 250s are as common as Camrys around here.

Reactions: Wade and ichurch
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.