Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys-

I'm about to purchase a 2020 A-Spec i4 FWD and I'm curious if anyone could tell me what it's like in the snow.
I live in WI so we do get some brutal winters. I currently have a 2018 TLX Base and I've never had a problem with in in the snow. However, the tires on the A-Spec are a skooch bigger than the tires on the base model.

Any input is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
671 Posts
I have the 2015 Super Handling AWD and I actually look for deep snow to play in. I've driven jeeps, Rav4 and other 4wd and AWD vehicles and by far my TLX surpasses them. I'm in Kansas and we get our fair share of snow, but I believe you have it worse in WI. You will love the cars snow handling capabilities.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Guys-

I'm about to purchase a 2020 A-Spec i4 FWD and I'm curious if anyone could tell me what it's like in the snow.
I live in WI so we do get some brutal winters. I currently have a 2018 TLX Base and I've never had a problem with in in the snow. However, the tires on the A-Spec are a skooch bigger than the tires on the base model.

Any input is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!
I have the 2015 Super Handling AWD and I actually look for deep snow to play in. I've driven jeeps, Rav4 and other 4wd and AWD vehicles and by far my TLX surpasses them. I'm in Kansas and we get our fair share of snow, but I believe you have it worse in WI. You will love the cars snow handling capabilities.
The A-Spec I'm getting Front Wheel Drive not AWD...so I'm wondering how it'll be in the snow..

·
Premium Member
4,859 Posts
If you’ve already had a FWD TLX in the snow, it should be similar. The key is a good set of winter tires. Even though the ASpec tires say all season, I wouldn’t be driving them in any kind of snow not to mention the cold. Get a smaller/narrower set of winter tires and you’ll be fine in the winter.

·
Registered
121 Posts
^^^ What he said, but if you've been happy with what you've been doing on your current TLX, just keep doing it. 235 vs 225 isn't enough of a difference in width to be noticeable. That said, a set of 17' wheels with 215-width Blizzaks (or other dedicated winter tire) would be my go-to solution for snow and ice performance.

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
As said previously, get a full set of winter tires/wheels. Saves time on the switch over. I'm still on my snows, due to lack of miles driven during the quarantine, I have not had the incentive to change. But that will happen soon. (It did snow last week tho!)
Oh, FWD in snow is great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts