Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Acura TLX Base
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I recently purchased a 2019 Acura TLX Base 2.4L.. The car is awesome but the vibration problem is idle at drive at 600rpm.

I know that having climate control air conditioning will bring it up to 700-800 rpm which tames the vibration..

Is there not a way to adjust the rpm to 700rpm????

or does Acura expect the owners to drive this like a luxury and keep windows up... sunroof closed with AC on?

·
Registered
277 Posts
My point was 600 rpm is not right, rather than ask on the forum take it in. You probably have a bad sensor somewhere, or a bad idle control valve. The rpm should be constant regardless if air is on or not.

·
Registered
2019 Acura TLX Base
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My point was 600 rpm is not right, rather than ask on the forum take it in. You probably have a bad sensor somewhere, or a bad idle control valve. The rpm should be constant regardless if air is on or not.
Car is back in the dealer. According to them they cleaned the injectors and did an oil change.

They also changed out the fuel pump assembly per recall and also changed out a leaky fuel filler kneck.

Idle in Drive is now in 700 RPM. It still vibrates but definitely an improvement. So still good news.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Honda/Acura uses electronically controlled motor mounts, one in the front and one in the rear. These motor mounts stiffen and harden per the engine speed, controlled by the ecu. When the internal fluid or internally there is a problem they dont work as designed, absorbing vibrations. This could be your issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Read the following under Active Mounts.
Just a quick note if there is a VSV valve to apply/check vacuum if there is a leak wouldn’t this valve cause a CEL? Since this Valve has has to operate when receiving ground complete command from PCM/ECM. So the ECM sends the command VSV ground circuit complete VSV operates to apply vacuum and if there’s an insufficient/weak vacuum wouldn’t the VSV pick that up and send a code to the ECM?

side note: amazing write up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts