Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like I mentioned in my "test drive sold me" thread, Im a new happy owner of a V6 SH-AWD, Bellanova on Ebony Tech package TLX.

Took delivery just yesterday. Had it tinted and Im picking up some of the nice all-weather Acura mats. Ordered a set of lowering springs and Im shopping for new wheels too.

Ive only driven the car a few times now and Im still playing with all the settings and features. The car is very smooth and quiet, handles and drives great and it decently quick too. I love all tech, but it can be a bit daunting trying to figure it all out. The LKAS, various sensors and drivers aids are all new to me.

I dont seem to have any of the issues Ive been reading about that some people have. The tranny does do alot of shifting, but it does it smoothly. The sensors and drivers aides all seem to working as they should. Stereo sounds good, no creaks or rattles either.

Coming from a small hatchback, its quite a change, but a great one. I really like the car so far. Its so much smoother and quieter then my old car.

Complaints? Maybe a silly one, but the key fob is pretty large and heavy compared to what Im used to. The glare from the drivers vent onto the glass is kind of annoying too.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
That's a great write up @MTD . I have exactly the same car and picked it up on Wednesday this week. I could have wrote the same thing. I feel exactly the same way.

I'm coming from a 2013 Civic Si so the ride is so much more refined. I too have not had any of the issues that others have identified. Maybe they addressed some of the issues during the year.

Thanks for the update. It's great to hear from other drivers especially with one bought the same week, same model, same part of the country, and same colour.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im coming from a 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo. That car was pretty loaded with tech for the price, it was great on gas, fun to drive and very reliable. But, it was stiff, loud and kinda cramped inside.

I wanted something bigger and more comfortable, with better tech, but still fun to drive. Its not a huge car by any means and its still toss-able and pulls off the line great. My wife and I looked at a ton of other cars too, but the TLX stood out. Closest competitor was a an IS350, but optioned out it was way more money.

The TLX checked all the right boxes.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you think the stock key fob is large, just wait until you get the fob for the remote starter. If you wear tailored slacks, you may elect to carry it in your coat pocket for reasons that will become obvious. It's no wonder TLX owners with remote starters always seem so pleased...:D

Reactions: Wes Beard

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Remote start is a standard feature here in Canada on all TLX models except the base, so its already incorporated into the FOB.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Glad to see another owner here. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
168 Posts

You reminded me of the vent reflection.

The good news is, that I hand not noticed it in the past few months... I guess I just got used to it.

I hope you enjoy the car as much as I do.

Edit... wow... the forum just edited out my potty-mouth. Replaced four letters with stars.

Those letters were.... delta alpha mike november. Maybe I should have said "darn" or "drat" (or "blast", like my mother would say)

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts

You reminded me of the vent reflection.

The good news is, that I hand not noticed it in the past few months... I guess I just got used to it.

I hope you enjoy the car as much as I do.

Edit... wow... the forum just edited out my potty-mouth. Replaced four letters with stars.

Those letters were.... delta alpha mike november. Maybe I should have said "darn" or "drat" (or "blast", like my mother would say)
Cool, automation is great.

I didn't have to do it. :laugh:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Like I mentioned in my "test drive sold me" thread, Im a new happy owner of a V6 SH-AWD, Bellanova on Ebony Tech package TLX.

Took delivery just yesterday. Had it tinted and Im picking up some of the nice all-weather Acura mats. Ordered a set of lowering springs and Im shopping for new wheels too.

Ive only driven the car a few times now and Im still playing with all the settings and features. The car is very smooth and quiet, handles and drives great and it decently quick too. I love all tech, but it can be a bit daunting trying to figure it all out. The LKAS, various sensors and drivers aids are all new to me.

I dont seem to have any of the issues Ive been reading about that some people have. The tranny does do alot of shifting, but it does it smoothly. The sensors and drivers aides all seem to working as they should. Stereo sounds good, no creaks or rattles either.

Coming from a small hatchback, its quite a change, but a great one. I really like the car so fa

r. Its so much smoother and quieter then my old car.

Complaints? Maybe a silly one, but the key fob is pretty large and heavy compared to what Im used to. The glare from the drivers vent onto the glass is kind of annoying too.
I am in total agreement on the key fob size. I just came from a 15 accord and the fob feels like it is twice the size of the Accord fob.

·
Registered
274 Posts
If you think the stock key fob is large, just wait until you get the fob for the remote starter. If you wear tailored slacks, you may elect to carry it in your coat pocket for reasons that will become obvious. It's no wonder TLX owners with remote starters always seem so pleased...:D

It is quite large...

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wonder if the autostart has something to do with it. Biggest transmitter and/or battery.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah...I had the stock fob, which is the same size as my daughter's 2015.Civic. Then three days later, they installed the remote start feature and gave me the new LARGER fob. It now appears that I'm very happy with my TLX fob in my pocket...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts