Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched, and can't find an answer on this:

Is there any reason not to go with a 245/45-18" tire on an 18"x8" wheel with + 40 or +45mm offset ? Will they fit without any rubbing issues?

I'm considering ASA GT14's or Voxx Orso's. (I'm leaning toward the ASA's.)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
149 Posts
On my Acura it has the Acura 19" rims instead of the 17" without any problems.

I am running Firestone Firehawk AS 245/40R19 tires.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, mdd. I forgot about the stock 19's being 8" wide and 245"s. How noticeable were the effects of the heavier wheel/tire combination on acceleration, braking, and/or fuel mileage with the 4-cyl?

·
Registered
149 Posts
It increased noticeably all around.

Your speed will increase also, the higher the speed the larger the increase..

Gas mileage increased about 2 mpg on highway driving.

·
Premium Member
4,819 Posts
I didn’t notice a change in fuel mileage when I switched from 18s to 19s. They are noticeably heavier compared to the 18s though so I’m guessing you’d notice a good difference going from 17s.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm only going to step up to 18's. That seems like a good balance between appearance, cost (wheels and tires), and ride quality. The car will see a lot of highway and plain old general use. I don't it to be a corner carver. (I have my Mustang for that.) :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
You should be fine. Here is the chart for stock options. 45 mm offset will make them look even better. Check out tire rack, they got a big selection of aftermarket rims. Make sure to look at a weight of a rim, sometimes they are heavy as hell and will kill performance and mpg.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply. I don't want to put a lot of money into the wheels, so nothing I'm looking at will be ultra light, but even so, there is quite a difference, you're right. Funny thing is, some that look like they should be lighter than others simply aren't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts