Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Tlx owners!
So I purchased my 21 TypeS about a month ago now, its sitting on 600 miles

Ive noticed a flew sounds ( because I actually lower the amazing sound system and listen for anyyyyything) when breaking the first few pumps follow by a clicking noise, dont know where its coming from but it does this every time, mostly on reverse breaking!

also, when driving(any mode)normal acceleration and coming to a slow stop, i hear a click noise when the transmission lowers in gears and comes to a stop. Mostly when driving from light to light, its almost like the transmission disengages the gear when coming to stop and you hear the mechanism. Its not easily noticeable because the car drives perfectly normal, not vibrating not lag no loss of power, but when no music is on and your ears are wide open you will hear it.

any fellow TLX owners with a 10AT trans experience this?

·
Registered
98 Posts
No, 21 Advance. It used to be far worse with my steering wheel/horn area. I had to bang it about 1000 times around the perimiter of the horn. Its almost like something had to be broken in. Clicks to the left, clicks to the right. Play my music to drown it out , and even that doesnt work properly time to time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, 21 Advance. It used to be far worse with my steering wheel/horn area. I had to bang it about 1000 times around the perimiter of the horn. Its almost like something had to be broken in. Clicks to the left, clicks to the right. Play my music to drown it out , and even that doesnt work properly time to time.
Sheesh man that sounds like alot of stress sorry to hear that, hopefully the clicks i hear aren’t anything bad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't haze me if your emails above are sarcasm and I am not getting it. Are you sure your not talking about our type S super cool exhaust crackle when it downshifts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have a suggestion for conditioning the top of the dashboard under the windshield?

Looking to start conditioning it before sun start's doing damage.

If you have a seat leather conditioner recommendation it would also be appreciated.
Car Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Light

Car Vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover Motor vehicle

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I usually touch up the seats w turtlewax brand for leather, the car is brand new so everything still smells and looks amazing, keep that puppy out the sun will ta😉.. btw nice red interior I have the same option

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
142 Posts
Does anyone have a suggestion for conditioning the top of the dashboard under the windshield?

Looking to start conditioning it before sun start's doing damage.

If you have a seat leather conditioner recommendation it would also be appreciated.
For both the dash leather and the seats, I completely and without reservation recommend:

Leatherique Rejuvenator and Pristine Clean

You need both...the products are described on the web site. Their online store sells a kit of one eight ounce bottle of each for $30, which is a good place to start and will last you quite awhile if used as directed.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Suggest you also get a windshield sun shade. Be careful of what you treat the dash with, anything that leaves a glossy appearance will cause glare on the windshield. For that reason I use Griots leather care on my Porsche turbo leather dash board.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello fellow Tlx owners!
So I purchased my 21 TypeS about a month ago now, its sitting on 600 miles

Ive noticed a flew sounds ( because I actually lower the amazing sound system and listen for anyyyyything) when breaking the first few pumps follow by a clicking noise, dont know where its coming from but it does this every time, mostly on reverse breaking!

also, when driving(any mode)normal acceleration and coming to a slow stop, i hear a click noise when the transmission lowers in gears and comes to a stop. Mostly when driving from light to light, its almost like the transmission disengages the gear when coming to stop and you hear the mechanism. Its not easily noticeable because the car drives perfectly normal, not vibrating not lag no loss of power, but when no music is on and your ears are wide open you will hear it.

any fellow TLX owners with a 10AT trans experience this?
I agree with this, I hear the same thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts