Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I’m not sure if anyone notice the total gas range and oil life on your car. My 21 TlX Aspec seem a little bit odd with full fuel gas tank shows 207 mi (normal drive with no speeding) and the oil life is at 60% even though the vehicle is at 1829 miles. Is this normal? Does your car shows similarly as mine?

Thanks in advance for any information or answer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Below is the screen shot from my app. I've made a couple longer trips with my car and I'm wondering why I'm showing longer range and higher remaining oil usage.

View attachment 26538
The system is very inconsistent and doesn’t make any sense at all. I’m tracking if the car actually give the mile per gallon or not. Something is not working right with the tracking system that the car used. I drove 50 miles today and it’s now showing 174 mi instead of 154 mi from 204 mi in the last screenshot (before someone say something about it’s depend on the road or traffic… I drove my car in the same area). I’m thinking the recorder is not given a correct number, the reader is faulty, or it is something else with car. The car is still 3/4 tank full so I’m really confuse ???

·
Registered
70 Posts
The car and app have to connect in order for it to update.

The range is based on your driving history. It's not a magic system and it's not using the EPA numbers at all. It's guessing based on how you drove in the past. My range this last fill up started at 304 miles.

The oil life is based on multiple parameters. It tracks how high you rev and for how long, steady driving or stop and go as well as the viscosity of the oil and probably other things. I have 2536 miles on the ODO and 70% oil life remaining.

Judging by both your indicators your right foot has a good amount of lead in it. Unless you are sitting and idling a LOT.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The car and app have to connect in order for it to update.

The range is based on your driving history. It's not a magic system and it's not using the EPA numbers at all. It's guessing based on how you drove in the past. My range this last fill up started at 304 miles.

The oil life is based on multiple parameters. It tracks how high you rev and for how long, steady driving or stop and go as well as the viscosity of the oil and probably other things. I have 2536 miles on the ODO and 70% oil life remaining.

Judging by both your indicators your right foot has a good amount of lead in it. Unless you are sitting and idling a LOT.
Thanks for help explaining. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I drove my car in the same area. How much of a difference can it be for a car that normally displayed 350+mi when it’s full to 204 mi. Unless the car guessed on something else other than my driving history. I used to owned a 2020 Honda Accord 2.0T and it is way more consistent with it system than the TLX.

For the oil life. I do understand that it can be based on many factors but normal driving shouldn’t drop the oil life from 100% to 60% for a car that only has 1829 mile unless the oil change is at every 3000 miles? (Either way, I’m normally bring my car in for the oil change early anyway at 20%) I am asking the chat if someone else seen this with their vehicle for more information. Still learning about my TLX…

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
280 Posts
Thanks for help explaining. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I drove my car in the same area. How much of a difference can it be for a car that normally displayed 350+mi when it’s full to 204 mi. Unless the car guessed on something else other than my driving history. I used to owned a 2020 Honda Accord 2.0T and it is way more consistent with it system than the TLX.

For the oil life. I do understand that it can be based on many factors but normal driving shouldn’t drop the oil life from 100% to 60% for a car that only has 1829 mile unless the oil change is at every 3000 miles? (Either way, I’m normally bring my car in for the oil change early anyway at 20%) I am asking the chat if someone else seen this with their vehicle for more information. Still learning about my TLX…
I am really surprised at the difference in oil life between yours and mine. Do you get stuck sitting at stop lights much or do you drive in Sport very often?

I'm interested in how my service visit in late October goes. At the time of my car purchase, they really leaned on me to prepay for my service and I got a great discount. They convinced me to upgrade to the more expensive coverage and told me that it could be based on either time or mileage so I could bring my car in every six months even if the CBS wasn't indicating that it needed service. When I received my service agreement, it said that it would solely be based on the CBS so I made the dealership provide me with an email stating that they would honor the time part of our discussion. We'll see how it goes. I'm guessing I'm going to still be around 50% based on current trends.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am really surprised at the difference in oil life between yours and mine. Do you get stuck sitting at stop lights much or do you drive in Sport very often?

I'm interested in how my service visit in late October goes. At the time of my car purchase, they really leaned on me to prepay for my service and I got a great discount. They convinced me to upgrade to the more expensive coverage and told me that it could be based on either time or mileage so I could bring my car in every six months even if the CBS wasn't indicating that it needed service. When I received my service agreement, it said that it would solely be based on the CBS so I made the dealership provide me with an email stating that they would honor the time part of our discussion. We'll see how it goes. I'm guessing I'm going to still be around 50% based on current trends.
I drove my car in Normal mode with auto stop turn off in the city but not stuck in the traffic or stop light very often. Sometime I drove with sport mode but not too often. I used to get 350+ mi range from a full tanks and now it is under 300 mi which is confused me.

I also purchased Acura Care Maintenance 4 years plan for $1795 with Acura as well since the price of the maintenance and parts will go up over time. Not sure if they will perform the services a head of schedule or when the car maintenance minder system alerted but if the car is acting like this I guess it is worth it to have that coverage.

If anyone already has your car services before, if you don't mind me asking, what services did the dealership performed at the initial maintenance? what did they replaces?

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S
49 Posts

View attachment 26541

I am new to Acura and TLX but most systems use an algorithm that gives more weight to the last miles driven to estimate your distance to empty, for instance you can have an average of 20mpg but if you are driving uphill with 4 passenger it better adjust your distance to empty or you'll end up without gas when the tank is close to empty.
I don't remember the last time, if it ever happened that my driving matched the manufacturer's stated mpg.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I drove my car in Normal mode with auto stop turn off in the city but not stuck in the traffic or stop light very often. Sometime I drove with sport mode but not too often. I used to get 350+ mi range from a full tanks and now it is under 300 mi which is confused me.

I also purchased Acura Care Maintenance 4 years plan for $1795 with Acura as well since the price of the maintenance and parts will go up over time. Not sure if they will perform the services a head of schedule or when the car maintenance minder system alerted but if the car is acting like this I guess it is worth it to have that coverage.

If anyone already has your car services before, if you don't mind me asking, what services did the dealership performed at the initial maintenance? what did they replaces?
I'm still not due for my first visit for another few months. I'll try to update the thread when I get it done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone,

I’m not sure if anyone notice the total gas range and oil life on your car. My 21 TlX Aspec seem a little bit odd with full fuel gas tank shows 207 mi (normal drive with no speeding) and the oil life is at 60% even though the vehicle is at 1829 miles. Is this normal? Does your car shows similarly as mine?

Thanks in advance for any information or answer.

View attachment 26534
View attachment 26536
I have a 2019 TLX and that is not normal. You should get about 400+ miles on a tank.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a 2020 TLX and that is not normal. You should get about 400+ miles on a single tank of gas. I have a V6 engine.
It really depends on what kind of driving that you are doing. I have a 7 mile commute to work with a lot of stop-and-go on urban streets with a 2 mile portion on the highway.....which means that I burn as much gas getting up to speed as I save at highway speeds in that short stretch. With about 14 gallons available before the light turns on and getting right at 21 mpg average, I get right around 300 miles on a tank if I run it until the light comes on.

If you have a 2020 TLX, you have a 1.3 gallon larger gas tank (17.2 vs 15.9 gallon). You've still got to be averaging 26 mpg to get 400 miles per tank if you don't run it right down to the empty mark. The V6 is rated 20 city / 29 highway so you must have a pretty good mix of driving to get around 26 mpg. Miles per tank can definitely be a broad range.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don’t know what to say anymore about this car. So much problem and I’m just disappointed in myself that I made this purchased. Never again will I ever buy another Acura or Honda vehicle. The manufacturer are the worst to get any help or support. It has been over three months since I originally open a case with them but still has not received any phone call. At this point, all I can say to everyone else is good luck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.