Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanted to replace the stock wheels of my 21 TLX Aspec and keep debating if I should replace it with the Type S (going from 19 to 20) stock wheels or just get a third party wheels (like shown below). Does anyone know what is the price of the Type S stock wheels? Also, if you've replaced your wheels, can you share some pic?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
132 Posts
I've been wanted to replace the stock wheels of my 21 TLX Aspec and keep debating if I should replace it with the Type S (going from 19 to 20) stock wheels or just get a third party wheels (like shown below). Does anyone know what is the price of the Type S stock wheels? Also, if you've replaced your wheels, can you share some pic?

Thanks!
The salesman that sold me my A-Spec emailed me last week to see if I was interested in the Type S wheels that they took off the model that they had. Unfortunately, I didn't ask him the price. It's probably not worth your trouble, but his email is [email protected] if you want to check with him on price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought an 2021 TLX A-Spec back in May. I stumbled upon AHC Garage on YouTube. It’s an Acura Dealer in Florida that modifies new Acura’s and sells them for profit. They did a A Spec build with Vossen HF-5 Flow forged wheels. It looks quite awesome. I ordered the exact set up they installed. The wheels took several months to come in. I decided last weekend to get rid of the car with only 1100 miles and I never mounted the wheels. They are still in the boxes in my garage. Have the Vossen lugs, locks, and a new set of TPMS too. If you are interested… They we’re not cheap though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The OEM rims you have are 5700 dollars canadian or 4527 american. The Type S rims would probably be more again
You can get a beautiful Set of after market rims with new rubber and sensors for that kind of money. I bought my rims for a tiny 1000 canadian. The Vossen rims are a really nice rims, but there are so many to choose from obviously, that I would buy whatever makes you go 😮😮😮. Lol
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Light Alloy wheel
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S
6 Posts
I just bought an S, but had the dealer swap the rims as I dont want the 20 inch (NJ Potholes) so if you are around central NJ Clinton Acura has a brand new set of stock S rims.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The salesman that sold me my A-Spec emailed me last week to see if I was interested in the Type S wheels that they took off the model that they had. Unfortunately, I didn't ask him the price. It's probably not worth your trouble, but his email is [email protected] if you want to check with him on price.
Thanks @flatlandTLX for sharing the contact. I check the dealership and it is too far from me and not sure if it is worth the trouble like you've mentioned.

I bought an 2021 TLX A-Spec back in May. I stumbled upon AHC Garage on YouTube. It’s an Acura Dealer in Florida that modifies new Acura’s and sells them for profit. They did a A Spec build with Vossen HF-5 Flow forged wheels. It looks quite awesome. I ordered the exact set up they installed. The wheels took several months to come in. I decided last weekend to get rid of the car with only 1100 miles and I never mounted the wheels. They are still in the boxes in my garage. Have the Vossen lugs, locks, and a new set of TPMS too. If you are interested… They we’re not cheap though.
@Frdlvr35 thanks for the offer. I saw those on YouTube as well but not a fan of those Vossen wheels design.

The OEM rims you have are 5700 dollars canadian or 4527 american. The Type S rims would probably be more again
You can get a beautiful Set of after market rims with new rubber and sensors for that kind of money. I bought my rims for a tiny 1000 canadian. The Vossen rims are a really nice rims, but there are so many to choose from obviously, that I would buy whatever makes you go 😮😮😮. Lol
@r3bartl Lol, not trying to spend over $1500 for wheels. if it is over $4k then I might just switch to the Type S or a different vehicle.
I'm not trying to get those shark wheels but trying to get rid of it.
I like your aftermarket wheels, do they have it in black or gray? Also I saw your other post. Do you mind sharing how much is the roof wrap cost?

I just bought an S, but had the dealer swap the rims as I dont want the 20 inch (NJ Potholes) so if you are around central NJ Clinton Acura has a brand new set of stock S rims.
@Mercury Dang, I'm located in the sunshine state (FL).

·
Registered
54 Posts
They most definitely do come in grey and black. The wrap cost around $250CAD tax in. That's wrapping the roof and the roof antenna.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts