Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got an OEM type-s exhaust for my 2022 TLX ASPEC. No issues really as the right side is bolt on’s while the left side required a cut since there is no gasket bolt on’s (just one pipe). No drone and basically sounds stock! Took my guys 30 min in total, lmk if anyone is trying to do this conversion.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Grille
Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Aircraft
Vehicle registration plate Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2021 TLX
16 Posts
Out of curiosit but did you make sure the valves are open?
That should change the sound some. I know the Type S doesn’t have resonators where your’s does.

If you did, how did it compare with them shut and then open?

Im glad you did this as I have been waiting to find a Type-S takeoff myself. With the lack of exhausts available I figured it would take a while to find one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Out of curiosit but did you make sure the valves are open?
That should change the sound some. I know the Type S doesn’t have resonators where your’s does.

If you did, how did it compare with them shut and then open?

Im glad you did this as I have been waiting to find a Type-S takeoff myself. With the lack of exhausts available I figured it would take a while to find one.
Unfortunately there is no way for me to control if the valves are open or closed! There is no wiring that was done when the mufflers were installed.
Plumbing fixture Tap Automotive tire Sink Water

·
Registered
2021 TLX
16 Posts
That’s great they included the electronic actuators!

If you look inside both pipes, are the valves open or closed?
If it’s closed you can actually unbolt the electronic actuator (black box) and then physically open valve by hand.
There is a possibility that the electronic actuator wheel (attached to black box that turns the valve) can be turned by hand to stay open. Since there’s no power it might stay open All the time. Then you could re-install the box If it works.

Watch this video and it will show the actuator box and will show you how it works. This should help with understanding my description. Let me know if I need to explain further.

Like the member above me mentioned, there’s definitely a way to wire it to an independent switch so you could control it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That’s great they included the electronic actuators!

If you look inside both pipes, are the valves open or closed?
If it’s closed you can actually unbolt the electronic actuator (black box) and then physically open valve by hand.
There is a possibility that the electronic actuator wheel (attached to black box that turns the valve) can be turned by hand to stay open. Since there’s no power it might stay open All the time. Then you could re-install the box If it works.

Watch this video and it will show the actuator box and will show you how it works. This should help with understanding my description. Let me know if I need to explain further.

Like the member above me mentioned, there’s definitely a way to wire it to an independent switch so you could control it.
Yes thank you for this! so I went ahead and shined a flashlight in the exhaust and it looks like they are permanently open! the flaps were slit open so it looks like I have the exhaust on the whole time, which is good!

·
Registered
2016 TLX
18 Posts
Sounds basically the same as stock since it’s just the muffler that’s swapped! Wasn’t looking for anything crazy, just more for looks
Hello, Looking at some offset tips to get the look but need some measurements, could you please measure each tip individually and then measure the full side to side width of both tips together? Want to make sure what I buy fits. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts