Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2017 tlx v6 shawd
37 Posts
I do have another question, though. If you've had the dealer install the kit, is the trunk floor still flat? I assume it is but it's better not to assume anything.
I have no idea about the new style tlx but I have a 17 I just put In a full size rim (Instead of the crappy pump) and there is a bump. If it's the spare I would assum no but if it is a full I would expect a yes.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been used to the donuts since I bought my 1990 Maxima new, so they don't bother me. But doing without a spare entirely scares me. I'll post pictures when I get it installed, which is supposed to happen on Monday.

· Registered
2017 tlx v6 shawd
37 Posts
I've been used to the donuts since I bought my 1990 Maxima new, so they don't bother me. But doing without a spare entirely scares me. I'll post pictures when I get it installed, which is supposed to happen on Monday.
No I pulled up my floor Mat saw a pump went n bought another rim cause I have after markets and bought another PIRELLI P ZERO with tmps so I don't have 2 technically change it.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was about $425 but that was because I told them I was going to complain to Acura HQ if they didn't give me a break on the price because they had lied to me about the tires being run-flat. The list price was over $700.

· Registered
2021 TLX
16 Posts
Yes it sits flat. You won’t even know it’s there.
I think mine was $380 round about but I installed mine myself. Was super simple. I kept all my old parts in case one day I wanted to sell the car. I’d sell the spare separately lol

· Registered
82 Posts
Yes it sits flat. You won’t even know it’s there.
I think mine was $380 round about but I installed mine myself. Was super simple. I kept all my old parts in case one day I wanted to sell the car. I’d sell the spare separately lol
Is the install any harder than just dropping it in and securing it with the bolt thing? My TLX came with the inflator kit but I’d like to buy the donut kit soon. I had a flat in my Civic this spring and was able to drive to the tire shop thanks to its donut spare, so I’d like the same peace of mind in my new car.

· Registered
82 Posts

· Registered
256 Posts
Yeah it's pretty easy, though I don't know why they designed the trim piece over the trunk latch such that it needs to be completely changed out. Anyhow, if you're looking to order the accessory I would just do a google search for the part #. There are a lot of sites selling OEM parts so you may need to sort through them to find the best price w/ shipping. I've encountered some instances where one site charges $8 to ship an item while another charges $50 so keep an eye out for that.

· Registered
89 Posts
Yeah it's pretty easy, though I don't know why they designed the trim piece over the trunk latch such that it needs to be completely changed out. Anyhow, if you're looking to order the accessory I would just do a google search for the part #. There are a lot of sites selling OEM parts so you may need to sort through them to find the best price w/ shipping. I've encountered some instances where one site charges $8 to ship an item while another charges $50 so keep an eye out for that.
What are you referring to? There is no trim piece for the trunk latch that is replaced with the spare tire kit. I installed mine and it was pretty simple. There was nothing related to the trunk latch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts