Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The paddle lights.

I have replaced 4 paddle lights in the past 3 months. Due to the limited stock, I totally waited 42 days to get those fixed. (Well, I can still drive it tho, it's the paddle light!)

Under these circumstances, will this car be considered a lemon car?

EDIT: There are only 2 Type-S in my city, including mine. Based on the technician from my local dealership, both of them had the paddle lights issue, but the other one only had 2 times.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Pretty sure Lemon laws will not cover such a minor issue. If it was a headlight, preventing the ability to drive safely, I would imagine that would be covererd. Look up the lemon laws in your state.

On a sidenote, I had my FAKRA connectors replaced to resolve an audio issue. Needless to say, my audio issue continues, but Im going on day #3 with steady puddle lights. Very strange. They were blinking for over a month prior to getting the FAKRA connectors swapped out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty sure Lemon laws will not cover such a minor issue. If it was a headlight, preventing the ability to drive safely, I would imagine that would be covererd. Look up the lemon laws in your state.

On a sidenote, I had my FAKRA connectors replaced to resolve an audio issue. Needless to say, my audio issue continues, but Im going on day #3 with steady puddle lights. Very strange. They were blinking for over a month prior to getting the FAKRA connectors swapped out.
We don't really have any lemon laws here in Canada, but I am pretty frustrated and annoyed by this issue. Obviously it's covered by the warranty, but the dealership said they can only do the replacement for me, and Acura Canada said they can do nothing. I am just wondering if it's considered a defection.

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S
36 Posts
The paddle lights.

I have replaced 4 paddle lights in the past 3 months. Due to the limited stock, I totally waited 42 days to get those fixed. (Well, I can still drive it tho, it's the paddle light!)

Under these circumstances, will this car be considered a lemon car?

EDIT: There are only 2 Type-S in my city, including mine. Based on the technician from my local dealership, both of them had the paddle lights issue, but the other one only had 2 times.
It depends on the wording of the law in your area, usually the Lemon Law covers defects or conditions that substantially impair the use, value or safety of a new vehicle, not sure puddle lights qualify, I got my puddle lights blown a couple days after taking possession of my Type S, after reading post like yours, I decided to wait until someone publish a video on how to remove the side view mirror without actually breaking it, then I'll see what the problem is myself, (I've heard its water or humidity shorting the bulb) then I'll find a permanent solution, probably using aftermarket bulbs, i hate wasting my time taking the car to the dealershit just for them to do nothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts