Acura TLX Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Besides what's been mentioned, I think the proprietary 10-speed transmission MUST be better than the ZF. I can tell you the double wishbone front end is a great addition. My Accord has that, it can't get better!

·
Super Moderator
793 Posts
All the changes are impressive. I wonder what the pricing is going to look like!

·
Super Moderator
793 Posts
I would think the pricing would be similar to what it is now...except for the TypeS of course. That’s going to be pricey.
Right - and the Type S is what I'm most interested in (but perhaps above my affordability!).

Reactions: andre12dbsi

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the new 2021 TLX looks great. Right now I'm planning to buy out the lease on my 2018 TLX 2.4 Tech, but I also plan to take a test drive of the new model before I do that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I love everything about it!

If one had to speculate as to price on the Type-S, what would one guess? My guess is an MSRP of $52,000 USD.

·
Super Moderator
793 Posts
So excited for this new gen. Looks amazing.
I have a 2020 accord sport 2.0T. I'm interested in seeing how they compare. I like my accord, but dream of the Acura!
Welcome to the forum! Hang around this forum long enough and we're bound to convince you to "make your dream a reality"!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2021 TLX will cost $4500 more compared to similar trim of 2020 TLX. That will kill market of new TLX. Now specs and prices are more or less same for Acura TLX, Audi S4 or MB AMG C43. Therefore, buyers will go for better brand name like Audi & MB which retain better residual value.

Acura will have to give huge discount to move new TLX when auto market is struggling any way. What a naive decision by management to kill new brand!

·
Super Moderator
793 Posts
2021 TLX will cost $4500 more compared to similar trim of 2020 TLX. That will kill market of new TLX. Now specs and prices are more or less same for Acura TLX, Audi S4 or MB AMG C43. Therefore, buyers will go for better brand name like Audi & MB which retain better residual value.

Acura will have to give huge discount to move new TLX when auto market is struggling any way. What a naive decision by management to kill new brand!
We'll see. I love the look and the new engine options. I'd be willing to pay it once I'm ready to trade in my 2018. Those other brands you mention are less reliable - so I'd bet that won't cause a defection of Acura/Honda loyalists.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All German & Volvo cars have 2L turbo for 5-6 years now. That engine is NOT new for those manufacturers. For Acura, it's new. Acura is pushing limit of 2L turbo to increase 20+ HP which will lead of engine problem. Mercedes and Audi are equally reliable if not more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wait, what? 272hp is pushing the limit of the civic type r motor? You do know this motor in the tlx and accord is detuned right? It's nowhere close to being maxed out when it can make 306hp in the civic all day and night. I would take an Acura over a Benz or fancy vw any day.

·
Super Moderator
793 Posts
Wait, what? 272hp is pushing the limit of the civic type r motor? You do know this motor in the tlx and accord is detuned right? It's nowhere close to being maxed out when it can make 306hp in the civic all day and night. I would take an Acura over a Benz or fancy vw any day.
I agree - with the preference for the Acura over the Benz.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts