Acura TLX Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
By the way my Android Auto work on the following day and I don't have any problem. Like it never happens, that really makes me unsettled. Don't know how or when it might happen again.
Did anyone have a similar issue on a 2021 Type S, please let me know.
Same issue with the usb port. If I restart the radio at a red light and open the door to turn the radio off and then start the car back up, port will have power and android auto loads (tested multiple cables). I bought the wireless android auto still same issue but at least you can have led verification to see no power at the port. Also started getting the popping in speakers again when accelerating. FAKRA adapters replaced at 7000 miles for same issue. Now at 12000 it's happening again. Drowns out the obnoxious plastic clicking noise in steering wheel that started after steering rack replacement. Dealership claims they never heard of any of these issues so no guarantee of it being fixed until TSB.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same issue with the usb port. If I restart the radio at a red light and open the door to turn the radio off and then start the car back up, port will have power and android auto loads (tested multiple cables). I bought the wireless android auto still same issue but at least you can have led verification to see no power at the port. Also started getting the popping in speakers again when accelerating. FAKRA adapters replaced at 7000 miles for same issue. Now at 12000 it's happening again. Drowns out the obnoxious plastic clicking noise in steering wheel that started after steering rack replacement. Dealership claims they never heard of any of these issues so no guarantee of it being fixed until TSB.

So after 2 trips to the dealer and them claiming techs could not replicate, I saved a bunch of videos and they ended up replacing the wiring harness to the radio. They said there was to much tension on the harness causing the pops and static when accelerating. They also said there was a bunch of loose ground connections. After wiring harness replacement I havent had issues with the static/pops and android auto not working unless car is restarted. Also, look into the motorola ma1 if using android auto. The wireless android auto cuts down the chances of usb port issues.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts