Acura TLX Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interesting you talk about Acura Dealers in DC… did you price a type-s with Radley Acura? I’m considering putting a deposit down on a Type-S with them very soon. Deposit is $500 and wondering if I can negotiate msrp deal.
The best deal on a Type S is MSRP, only 1700 are being made. A Dealer in Annapolis is charging $3k+ over MSRP. However, I did get my options at 50% with the Costco coupon. I ordered the Welcome Home Lights (under the car), The 4 Illuminated Door Sills, Trunk Tray & 4 Splash Guards. I have bought from Radley, Laurel Acura and Rosenthal Acura. This is the only time that I bought another Acura at Chevy Chase Acura. I always use a Costco Dealer for the past 12 years (5 cars). I always compare with Cars.com, AARP, AAA and any other available discount service.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Market is crazy right now, I got the Type S @ MSRP, same dealer was discounting the other TLX models because according to them they overproduced the model and with 2022's around the corner they need to move them, I never heard of a discounted Type S tho, only 2000 are supposed to be produced of the 2021 MY. One year ago I was getting 23K for my 2017 Lexus RC350 F Sport with 40K miles 6 weeks ago I traded it in for the TLX Type S for 31k, 50K miles and warranty expired........
I agree about the market. My 2018 TLX Advance SH AWD with 38k miles was worth $26,000 in Oct 2020. In Oct 2021, it was worth $31,000 with 45,000 miles. So I don't feel too bad about getting the Type S at MSRP. Our Honda salesman recommended not buying any cars now until the chip shortage is over. Our Acura Salesman kept his promise from March 2021 on getting my Types S at MRSP.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ordered my 2nd car from Chevy Chase Acura. I placed a $500 deposit on a Type "S". I usually go thru COstco car program. I was told NO Discount on the Type "S". So I agreed. I checked around the DC area (5+ Acura Dealers) and some were charging over MRSP. My car was made in late Sept and delivered 1st week of Oct. I paid MRSP which is the 1st time ever in my 53 years of buying cars. So my dealer kept their word. Buying cars in 2021 is not good due to Covid. There is a chip shortage so all cars are selling at a all time high due to shortage in inventory. The Type S is great car to drive but I miss the 360 camera and the 2 screens in my 2018 SH Advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I agree about the market. My 2018 TLX Advance SH AWD with 38k miles was worth $26,000 in Oct 2020. In Oct 2021, it was worth $31,000 with 45,000 miles. So I don't feel too bad about getting the Type S at MSRP. Our Honda salesman recommended not buying any cars now until the chip shortage is over. Our Acura Salesman kept his promise from March 2021 on getting my Types S at MRSP.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a Type-S from Acura of Tempe in late October and will be paying MSRP. I called various Acura dealerships in CA, UT, NV, NM, and TX and all we’re charging $5K + market adjustments for Type-S vehicles on their lot. I found 1 dealer, Acura of Omaha, not charging a mark up for their Type S on lot but they didn’t have the color I was seeking. I would have bought from them otherwise and paid the delivery fee. Ask for Randy Johnson if you call them. He is a no hassle straight shooter, I wish more salesman were so honest.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
217 Posts
Ford just announced that they would restrict sales of Ford Lightning trucks to any dealers who were trying to presell spots in line at a premium and there was the implication that they would punish dealers who charged ADM. It would be nice if every manufacturer did the same thing.

The youtuber who runs "Hooviesgarage" came out with a video a couple weeks where he bought a Ford Mustang GT500 for $2k under MSRP instead of paying ADM and he talked about the need for consumers to just be patient and wait when dealers are greedy enough to ask for ADM because if nobody plays the game.....ADM disappears fast.

Hope this is the start of a trend. Anyone paying ADM for a car is an idiot. Best way to just lose more money on an already depreciating "asset".

·
Registered
2018 Acura TLX A-Spec V6
15 Posts
For $70k, I’m buying a BMW…
Saved myself $30k from not buying the Type S after I backed out of my order. Instead, I used that money, put a little extra in, and bought a well cared for '14 E63S AMG with all the major maintenance done for $42k.

Reactions: jrock645

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently bought my Type-S for MSRP and wheel and tire warranty for a year and the regular warranty extended to 6 years instead of 4; spent a good amount of time looking, if you look hard enough you’ll find a dealer although it was a drive for mine. I am based out of NJ and I went to Island Acura in Long Island and that was about an 8 hour trip in traffic. If anyone is local or willing to go there my recommendation would be to order it through them or buy one from them. Here a picture for reference
Wheel Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate

21 - 29 of 29 Posts