Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I put a deposit for a TLX Type S with a "verbal agreement" (mistake #1馃様) of it being sold at sticker price. I know, I know, don't pay sticker but in this case with a brand new model that is in demand, so be it. The salesman just now informed me that there is now a $10k ADM on all Type S at their dealership. That would make the OTD price over $70k :oops: There is no way in hell I'm paying that. I'm just curious if you all seeing these ADM's? If so how much are they tacking on to the sticker in your area. I reside in Florida (please no COVID jokes 馃檮) but I ordered from a dealer in Virginia.

Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
Local dealer here in Enchiladaville advertising three available (one on lot, two in transit) at MSRP. The only thing I've seen them do ADMs on was a NSX with special paint.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm wondering if they don't disclose the ADM until you get to the lot. I'm hearing stories of the website advertising one price, but once you get there is when you see the ADM added on the sticker. Either way I won't pay a dime over sticker, that's just insane for a vehicle of this type.

Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I'm wondering if they don't disclose the ADM until you get to the lot. I'm hearing stories of the website advertising one price, but once you get there is when you see the ADM added on the sticker. Either way I won't pay a dime over sticker, that's just insane for a vehicle of this type.
Only a fool would pay any ADM and I'd argue that only a fool would buy a Type S at MSRP. I bought my A-Spec at a huge discount and once the current silliness subsides, they'll be discounted again. Anyone paying ADM might as well take out a match and light their money on fire.

Registered
2018 Acura TLX A-Spec V6
I was in the same situation you were in at the beginning of the month with a dealership here in Vegas. I put in a deposit back in February with the performance wheels and with the "verbal agreement" and on delivery of the car the dealership tacked on the $10k ADM along with all their dealership "goodies" making OTD price over $75k. I immediately backed out and got my deposit back.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@ lampeater I don't blame you one bit. I spoke with the sales manager who actually tried to tell me that this car will hold its value so well that I wouldn't be loosing any money. I've been buying cars for quite some time now and it still amazes me that sales people think their customers are stupid. Looks like I'll be shopping elsewhere.

Registered
2016 Acura TLX V6 Tech Package
Yeah I been thinking about trading my TLX in for the 21鈥 TLX A-Spec AWD or possibly Type-S but I refuse to pay ADM and really kinda refuse to pay MSRP. 75k otd for a TLX is highway robbery Type-S or not

Registered
@ lampeater I don't blame you one bit. I spoke with the sales manager who actually tried to tell me that this car will hold its value so well that I wouldn't be loosing any money. I've been buying cars for quite some time now and it still amazes me that sales people think their customers are stupid. Looks like I'll be shopping elsewhere.
I really like my TLX but I got it for $7,275 off MSRP because they were not in high demand. A 15% discount off the front end doesn't point to a car holding it's value. If the Type S was an amazing car that blew the doors off the competition, it might hold its value, but a nice looking car that goes kind of fast but gets beat by all of its direct competition at the stop light isn't the kind of car that's going to be a collectible. You can get a 3 year old TLX V6 with the Advance package for $15k under original MSRP all day long, even with the currently high car prices. The first year Type S cars will depreciate by 50% by the time that they are five years old. Any ADM above MSRP is just wasted money.

You are right to avoid dealers that treat their customers like they are idiots.

Registered
2018 Acura TLX A-Spec V6
Yeah, I got that as well. They were trying to get me to go through with it and said the exact same thing. Saying the car will keep its value since it鈥檚 such a rare car and everyone will want it.

Registered
I got my Type S @ MSRP from Houston Gillman Acura, I did my allocation back in June and got delivery of my Apex Blue Pearl / Ebony with Performance Wheels on August 9th. There was another local dealer (John Eagle Acura) that was asking me ADM $10K + Carbon Fiber Kit $6,900 + LUX Shield $2,495 + MSRP $53,825 (VIN# 000173) = $73,220 + TAX, plate and all the other BS. I think that car still on the lot because they have 3 on lot and 1 in transit, this was back in June. The funny thing is that the sales man from John Eagle called me when I was test driving my car at Gillman :)

Registered
I got my Type S @ MSRP from Houston Gillman Acura, I did my allocation back in June and got delivery of my Apex Blue Pearl / Ebony with Performance Wheels on August 9th. There was another local dealer (John Eagle Acura) that was asking me ADM $10K + Carbon Fiber Kit $6,900 + LUX Shield $2,495 + MSRP $53,825 (VIN# 000173) = $73,220 + TAX, plate and all the other BS. I think that car still on the lot because they have 3 on lot and 1 in transit, this was back in June. The funny thing is that the sales man from John Eagle called me when I was test driving my car at Gillman :) View attachment 26648
Nice!! That TLX is so pretty, really got me considering but I just feel like I should wait for a Type-S and just hold onto my current TLX. Might call my dealer (Radley Acura in VA) see what their allocations are and ADM among other things.

Registered
I got my Type S @ MSRP from Houston Gillman Acura, I did my allocation back in June and got delivery of my Apex Blue Pearl / Ebony with Performance Wheels on August 9th. There was another local dealer (John Eagle Acura) that was asking me ADM $10K + Carbon Fiber Kit $6,900 + LUX Shield $2,495 + MSRP $53,825 (VIN# 000173) = $73,220 + TAX, plate and all the other BS. I think that car still on the lot because they have 3 on lot and 1 in transit, this was back in June. The funny thing is that the sales man from John Eagle called me when I was test driving my car at Gillman :)
Great looking car. I bought a Performance Red TLX A-Spec and I love it but my daughter told me that I screwed up and should have bought the blue one instead. Nice looking ride.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got my Type S @ MSRP from Houston Gillman Acura, I did my allocation back in June and got delivery of my Apex Blue Pearl / Ebony with Performance Wheels on August 9th. There was another local dealer (John Eagle Acura) that was asking me ADM $10K + Carbon Fiber Kit $6,900 + LUX Shield $2,495 + MSRP $53,825 (VIN# 000173) = $73,220 + TAX, plate and all the other BS. I think that car still on the lot because they have 3 on lot and 1 in transit, this was back in June. The funny thing is that the sales man from John Eagle called me when I was test driving my car at Gillman :) View attachment 26648
Very nice ride. Glad you didn't pay any mark-up.

Registered
2018 Acura TLX A-Spec V6
Nice car! Glad you were able to get it at MSRP. The ones marked above MSRP are going to be very hard to sell. Stopped by my local Acura today and they still have the car that I refused out on the lot not sold yet.

Registered
2021 TLX Type S
Market is crazy right now, I got the Type S @ MSRP, same dealer was discounting the other TLX models because according to them they overproduced the model and with 2022's around the corner they need to move them, I never heard of a discounted Type S tho, only 2000 are supposed to be produced of the 2021 MY. One year ago I was getting 23K for my 2017 Lexus RC350 F Sport with 40K miles 6 weeks ago I traded it in for the TLX Type S for 31k, 50K miles and warranty expired........

Super Moderator
2018 Acura TLX, 8 speed DCT, Technology Package
Hendrick Acura Charlotte has an Apex Blue with Orchid interior (we just picked up ours on order since December and love it!) and a tiger eye pearl coming in next week. No ADM.
Congratulations! Love that color. Your car looks awesome and best of luck with it!

Registered
Hi All,

I put a deposit for a TLX Type S with a "verbal agreement" (mistake #1馃様) of it being sold at sticker price. I know, I know, don't pay sticker but in this case with a brand new model that is in demand, so be it. The salesman just now informed me that there is now a $10k ADM on all Type S at their dealership. That would make the OTD price over $70k :oops: There is no way in hell I'm paying that. I'm just curious if you all seeing these ADM's? If so how much are they tacking on to the sticker in your area. I reside in Florida (please no COVID jokes 馃檮) but I ordered from a dealer in Virginia.
I ordered my 2nd car from Chevy Chase Acura. I placed a $500 deposit on a Type "S". I usually go thru COstco car program. I was told NO Discount on the Type "S". So I agreed. I checked around the DC area (5+ Acura Dealers) and some were charging over MRSP. My car was made in late Sept and delivered 1st week of Oct. I paid MRSP which is the 1st time ever in my 53 years of buying cars. So my dealer kept their word. Buying cars in 2021 is not good due to Covid. There is a chip shortage so all cars are selling at a all time high due to shortage in inventory. The Type S is great car to drive but I miss the 360 camera and the 2 screens in my 2018 SH Advance.

Registered
I ordered my 2nd car from Chevy Chase Acura. I placed a $500 deposit on a Type "S". I usually go thru COstco car program. I was told NO Discount on the Type "S". So I agreed. I checked around the DC area (5+ Acura Dealers) and some were charging over MRSP. My car was made in late Sept and delivered 1st week of Oct. I paid MRSP which is the 1st time ever in my 53 years of buying cars. So my dealer kept their word. Buying cars in 2021 is not good due to Covid. There is a chip shortage so all cars are selling at a all time high due to shortage in inventory. The Type S is great car to drive but I miss the 360 camera and the 2 screens in my 2018 SH Advance.
Interesting you talk about Acura Dealers in DC鈥 did you price a type-s with Radley Acura? I鈥檓 considering putting a deposit down on a Type-S with them very soon. Deposit is $500 and wondering if I can negotiate msrp deal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts