Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow TLX enthusiast!
This is my first post on this forum. Let’s try it out!
I started the prep work today on my fiberglass trunk side mount 1000W sub project. I couldn’t find any good videos or articles on disconnecting the ANC/Active Sound Control Unit and thought this might be useful to some.
I have the 21’ TLX Type S 17 speaker system but can only assume this is the standard location for the 21’ TLX.
The module is located directly behind the push-button start but is accessed through the driver foot well area. You will have to remove the following trim pieces in order:
  1. Driver’s Center Trim (The one with the push-to-start button)
    White Hood Light Motor vehicle Automotive design

2. Pull the Driver’s side weather stripping back
    Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Steering part

3. Driver’s Dashboard side lid
    Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

4. Remove the Phillips screw on the side of the lower cover
    Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Bumper Tool

5. Diver’s Dashboard lower cover
    Hand Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Finger

Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire
You should now have access to the Module. The 20-pin connector is plugged into the top of it and has a push tap on the front center of the connector. I just unplugged it and push it off to the side.
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Plant

Hood Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bicycle part

I found it easiest to pull the panels straight out towards me instead of jerking or prying the tabs out. I was able to not break or bend any of the tabs. Just take your time and you should be good.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
I found disconnecting the ANC had no effect on the sound system. After researching and finding out how it accumulates the noise canceling algorithm thru dynamic sensors located throughout the body of the car I can understand why it has no effect.

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found the exact opposite.

You can research it all you want but disconnecting the ANC has solved the random sub feedback issues in my last three aftermarket sub projects, including this one.

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well some guys are having warranty issues with their FAKRA connectors and experiencing infotainment problem's, while some are not . Every car is different.

And this thread was created for guy's that are experiencing issues post sub install and would like to try disconnecting the ANC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Fellow TLX enthusiast!
This is my first post on this forum. Let’s try it out!
I started the prep work today on my fiberglass trunk side mount 1000W sub project. I couldn’t find any good videos or articles on disconnecting the ANC/Active Sound Control Unit and thought this might be useful to some.
I have the 21’ TLX Type S 17 speaker system but can only assume this is the standard location for the 21’ TLX.
The module is located directly behind the push-button start but is accessed through the driver foot well area. You will have to remove the following trim pieces in order:
  1. Driver’s Center Trim (The one with the push-to-start button) View attachment 26934

2. Pull the Driver’s side weather stripping back View attachment 26935

3. Driver’s Dashboard side lid View attachment 26936

4. Remove the Phillips screw on the side of the lower cover View attachment 26937

5. Diver’s Dashboard lower cover View attachment 26938

View attachment 26939
You should now have access to the Module. The 20-pin connector is plugged into the top of it and has a push tap on the front center of the connector. I just unplugged it and push it off to the side. View attachment 26940

View attachment 26941

I found it easiest to pull the panels straight out towards me instead of jerking or prying the tabs out. I was able to not break or bend any of the tabs. Just take your time and you should be good.
This worked perfectly for me. I recently added a kicker L7 15’ with a 3k taramp to the stock radio and every time I cold started the car and accelerated/ brake the bass would hit hard as if music was playing. Once I disconnected the anc module, not only did that stop happening but the music and car got louder and crisper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts