Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a new 2021. I believe the 2021 model may be different procedure to install remote starter. Does anyone know the dealer cost to install this and/or the items needed to install myself? Thanks
Sky Car Vehicle Cloud Plant

·
Registered
2016 Acura TLX V6 Tech Package
180 Posts
They are going to rob you in plain sight going through them, the kit is $200ish and install will be $150 including programming the key fobs to your car

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is acuralink available on all models? Instead of spending hundreds on physically installing one, why not just use the app? Its way more convenient having no distance limitations, IMO.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
170 Posts
Is acuralink available on all models? Instead of spending hundreds on physically installing one, why not just use the app? Its way more convenient having no distance limitations, IMO.
Acuralink is fine if you don't mind spending $150 a year on it. The only time that I could see Acuralink being helpful for me is when I used to park my vehicle outside at the airport in the winter time when I'd travel. It would be nice to have the windows cleared off or at least ready to clear off by the time I reached my car. Of course, I now pay the extra $8 per day and park in the parking garage so I can walk across the road, get in my car and leave instead of waiting for a shuttle. That costs me about the same money...but I do it for the convenience of not waiting for a shuttle bus and riding with strangers. At home, my car is in a garage and at work, I only have a few days per year where it matters. In general, when I'm out, the car doesn't sit long enough to matter and if the weather is bad enough that it matters...I'm probably staying home now.

Also, in the town where I work, it's actually illegal to leave your car idling unattended, so even if they would waive the ticket since it has remote start, I'd still have to potentially go through the hassle of fighting the ticket.

Long story short, remote start using Acuralink is nice, but I wouldn't pay $150 a year to have it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
has anyone ever gotten special pricing for Acuralink services after the trial? Sort of like the specials that Sirius runs?

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec, 2020 TLX A-Spec, Performance Red Pearl with Ebony, 2017 Acura TLX
42 Posts
They are going to rob you in plain sight going through them, the kit is $200ish and install will be $150 including programming the key fobs to your car
Does any company other than the one you work for have a right to make a profit?

·
Registered
2016 Acura TLX V6 Tech Package
180 Posts
Does any company other than the one you work for have a right to make a profit?
Ofcourse I understand but the charge for labor hours was insane Atleast when I was quoted prices for installing the remote start at dealerships near me. All I needed to do was take a backseat bolster off and attach the ecm module to the main module that was underneath the bolster. Wasn’t worth the $300 alone in labor if I can do it myself in 5-10 min tops.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts