Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 TLX SH-AWD TECH
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just this morning when i use navigation it said map needs update. So when I got home I downloaded it to usb waiting more than 2hrs to finished. Then plugged it to car usb but its very hard to know when it was done unlike the one on my pilot there some status bar to see its complete. But this one like your waiting forever. From acurazine forums they says 90 mins...sigh...

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
123 Posts
Apologies if this is a silly question, but did you plug your USB stick into the correct USB port in the car? One is for data/charging, the other is for charging only.

I have no idea why they thought was an idea.

·
Registered
2021 TLX SH-AWD TECH
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yap the right usb...30 mins more to go for my second try. When i start the car and check the version still 2019. Will see my 2nd try go through.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I posted about this last night in my TLX review., still waiting for approval. Installing map update in the car took over an hour, and there is no progress bar to let you know something is actually happening. Anyway, it finally got done, and my map is updated to a March 2021 Version . If your USB is blinking , assume that progress is being made. IMO its ridiculous that these map updates cannot be done over wifi.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
132 Posts
Thanks for this thread. I never even thought of checking my map and I have the 2019 version.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I posted about this last night in my TLX review., still waiting for approval. Installing map update in the car took over an hour, and there is no progress bar to let you know something is actually happening. Anyway, it finally got done, and my map is updated to a March 2021 Version . If your USB is blinking , assume that progress is being made. IMO its ridiculous that these map updates cannot be done over wifi.
It's a huge download for wifi into a car. My BMW always had to be updated through USB.

·
Registered
2021 TLX SH-AWD TECH
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still didnt update on my second try...notice usb drive has no blink (not read).

·
Super Moderator
2018 Acura TLX, 8 speed DCT, Technology Package
1,092 Posts
Are they still charging for Navigation map updates?

·
Registered
2021 TLX Advance SH-AWD
11 Posts
From the Acura Nav Website: "

And now, updating your map is easier and more convenient with fresh map available to download four times a year at no additional cost."

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yea, my flavor of USB blinked red for over an hour. I left it updating without the car running, on accessory mode. Be sure to turn off your air if you do it that way. Perhaps you need to redownload it onto the USB ? Did you format the USB drive, prior to downloading?

·
Registered
2021 TLX SH-AWD TECH
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yap...right now im downloading again..maybe the first one is corrupted. Another 2.5 hrs. I had 2 usb drive 32g each..usb2 and usb 3. I use the usb2 coz the PC has only usb2 port. After downloading could i will copy it to usb3 drive maybe it work with usb3 drive.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yap...right now im downloading again..maybe the first one is corrupted. Another 2.5 hrs. I had 2 usb drive 32g each..usb2 and usb 3. I use the usb2 coz the PC has only usb2 port. After downloading could i will copy it to usb3 drive maybe it work with usb3 drive.
Mine took a little over an hour to download to the USB but installed into the car in about 50 minutes. As mentioned above, I put the car into accessory mode and plugged in the USB. Restarted the car after it was done and I have the 2021 maps now.

·
Registered
2021 TLX Tech.
8 Posts
I can confirm what flatlandTLX said. The car must be in accessory mode with the USB blinking to work. Mine took less than an hour. My wife's new 21 RDX took the same amount of time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I set up my map update profile, I was given the option to use wi-fi or USB. I chose wi-fi and used my home wi-fi connection. It still took around an hour with no progress bar. I believe what I did was attempt to access the navigation screen and could not while the update was in progress. I could when update completed. That was how I determined the process had ended.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts