Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2021 TLX SH-AWD TECH
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just this morning when i use navigation it said map needs update. So when I got home I downloaded it to usb waiting more than 2hrs to finished. Then plugged it to car usb but its very hard to know when it was done unlike the one on my pilot there some status bar to see its complete. But this one like your waiting forever. From acurazine forums they says 90 mins...sigh...

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
151 Posts
Apologies if this is a silly question, but did you plug your USB stick into the correct USB port in the car? One is for data/charging, the other is for charging only.

I have no idea why they thought was an idea.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I posted about this last night in my TLX review., still waiting for approval. Installing map update in the car took over an hour, and there is no progress bar to let you know something is actually happening. Anyway, it finally got done, and my map is updated to a March 2021 Version . If your USB is blinking , assume that progress is being made. IMO its ridiculous that these map updates cannot be done over wifi.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
323 Posts
I posted about this last night in my TLX review., still waiting for approval. Installing map update in the car took over an hour, and there is no progress bar to let you know something is actually happening. Anyway, it finally got done, and my map is updated to a March 2021 Version . If your USB is blinking , assume that progress is being made. IMO its ridiculous that these map updates cannot be done over wifi.
It's a huge download for wifi into a car. My BMW always had to be updated through USB.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Still didnt update on my second try...notice usb drive has no blink (not read).
Yea, my flavor of USB blinked red for over an hour. I left it updating without the car running, on accessory mode. Be sure to turn off your air if you do it that way. Perhaps you need to redownload it onto the USB ? Did you format the USB drive, prior to downloading?

·
Registered
2021 TLX SH-AWD TECH
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yap...right now im downloading again..maybe the first one is corrupted. Another 2.5 hrs. I had 2 usb drive 32g each..usb2 and usb 3. I use the usb2 coz the PC has only usb2 port. After downloading could i will copy it to usb3 drive maybe it work with usb3 drive.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
323 Posts
Yap...right now im downloading again..maybe the first one is corrupted. Another 2.5 hrs. I had 2 usb drive 32g each..usb2 and usb 3. I use the usb2 coz the PC has only usb2 port. After downloading could i will copy it to usb3 drive maybe it work with usb3 drive.
Mine took a little over an hour to download to the USB but installed into the car in about 50 minutes. As mentioned above, I put the car into accessory mode and plugged in the USB. Restarted the car after it was done and I have the 2021 maps now.

·
Registered
2021 TLX Tech.
13 Posts
I can confirm what flatlandTLX said. The car must be in accessory mode with the USB blinking to work. Mine took less than an hour. My wife's new 21 RDX took the same amount of time.

·
Registered
2021 TLX
4 Posts
When I set up my map update profile, I was given the option to use wi-fi or USB. I chose wi-fi and used my home wi-fi connection. It still took around an hour with no progress bar. I believe what I did was attempt to access the navigation screen and could not while the update was in progress. I could when update completed. That was how I determined the process had ended.

·
Registered
2021 TLX Advance
28 Posts
The "if your USB is blinking" is the part I had to read somewhere else before interrupting the process several times and reformatting my USB stick. Finally got it done after letting it sit and not starting over. It's crazier that they dont show you a progress bar.

·
Registered
2021 TLX
4 Posts
To; All. I encountered the identical obstacles as noted above. I used the USB approach described above. The way I could tell if the process completed was to check the map version number the following morning. It truly is a mess!

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S
10 Posts
To; All. I encountered the identical obstacles as noted above. I used the USB approach described above. The way I could tell if the process completed was to check the map version number the following morning. It truly is a mess!
Mine took about an hour with a usb 3 stick. It did show a message on the screen that it was finished. It is best to use a usb stick that has a ”read” light so u can see it flash and so u at least know it has not locked up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I downloaded the Nav update to a USB and plugged it in. The Nav screen gave a message that it was updating after I turned the car on. But each time I turn the car off and start it again, I have to click on System Updates/USB and then it tells me the Nav is updating. I've probably accumulated over 2 hours now with this method after several short trips and the update still hasn't finished. I'm going to try the method suggested above to put the car in Accessory mode and let it go for an hour and see if it will finally complete the update. This is definitely one of the poorest features of my 2021 TLX. I sure hope Acura gets it together in the newer models.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts