Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 TLX A-Spec, Performance Red Pearl with Ebony, 2017 Acura TLX, Lunar Silver with Ebony
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First in person viewing of the 2021 A-Spec. Looks great, solid drive, fit and finish excellent. Yes, new engine will exceed your expectations. Sorry my photos are not perfect. Please, no criticism from people who have not seen it in person.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
801 Posts
First in person viewing of the 2021 A-Spec. Looks great, solid drive, fit and finish excellent. Yes, new engine will exceed your expectations. Sorry my photos are not perfect. Please, no criticism from people who have not seen it in person.
Thanks very much for sharing these!

·
Super Moderator
731 Posts
The new 2021 TLX is meant to put the “sport” back into Acura’s sports sedan. The new car has grown wider and longer, with a 3.7-inch increase in wheelbase. Styling is aggressive, with flared fenders and a variety of creased and angled panels. Acura gave the TLX a wide center console which splits the cabin into defined driver and passenger spaces, while increasing hip and shoulder room. Drivers interact with the 10.2-inch infotainment display screen via a touchpad on the center console. This system debuted on the RDX, and operating it requires extended time with eyes off the road. The car launches with a 2.0-liter turbo four cylinder and 10-speed automatic. In early 2021 the Type S high-performance trim arrives with a new 3.0-liter, turbo V6 engine. FWD is standard with the 2.0-liter engine, with AWD optional. The Type S only has AWD. Forward collision warning (FCW), automatic emergency braking (AEB), lane departure warning (LDW), and lane keeping assistance (LKA) are standard. (Review from Consumer Reports).

·
Registered
2018 TLX ASpec
3 Posts
That's not the PMC version, is it? Looks nice...I have an 2018 ASpec.

·
Registered
2020 TLX A-Spec, Performance Red Pearl with Ebony, 2017 Acura TLX, Lunar Silver with Ebony
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a 2021 A-Spec. At this time there is no plans for a PMC edition but it's a good idea. PMC's sold pretty well. This one is Performance Red Pearl, which is slightly different from the PMC color.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How does the auto start stop work on this new TLX? Thanks
Just like the other models the computer will shut down the engine when it thinks it can save gas by doing so. Surprisingly, even at 100+ degrees outside it did stop the engine. It was completely unobtrusive. There is a button on the dash to turn off the feature. For comparison, I find the RDX system rarely shuts off in hot weather.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How much bigger inside is it compared to the current accord? I know the current tlx and accord are very similar. Supposed to be bigger inside but others say it's not.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just like the other models the computer will shut down the engine when it thinks it can save gas by doing so. Surprisingly, even at 100+ degrees outside it did stop the engine. It was completely unobtrusive. There is a button on the dash to turn off the feature. For comparison, I find the RDX system rarely shuts off in hot weather.
Is there a light on the dash on when you turn the system off?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much bigger inside is it compared to the current accord? I know the current tlx and accord are very similar. Supposed to be bigger inside but others say it's not.
The interior dimensions are larger than the current model. I did noticed more back seat room. The wheel base is 3.7" longer, length is 2.9" longer and the width is 2.2" inches wider, passenger volume and cargo volume are up slightly. This is a completely new platform not shared with the Accord, so I am not sure how it compares in size to that car.
To answer PRM5, yes there is a dash light that indicates the Auto Stop is turned off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Next question, and feel free to answer via PM if it would violate public rules or something. Will there be discounts available, lease incentives, rebates, etc.?

·
Registered
12 Posts
how is the exhaust sound? any rumble, pop or crackle like the Germans? :LOL:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts