Acura TLX Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
Seattle and Bellevue dealerships in the US say fitting a spare isn't possible with the battery there. This won't be a deal breaker for me if your solution works out!
If you get one -would you let me know/my dealer still has no info.I would feel more comfortable on a trip with even a donut. I am sure that road assistance like AAA had an indiscriminate wait time for service. Even thought about just buying all separately and if didn鈥檛 fit to just put in when I go on road trips. But what a pain/just add to list of things you aren鈥檛 told when you buy馃槣

Registered
My dealer has stated there is no spare tire kit and will be none because of the battery. We saw pics there IS room to make a foam holder to keep it above the battery but seems Acura won't be doing so.

Registered
I ordered the RLX spare from modern spare. It fits 2021 TLX and there is room under truck cover. Fits over battery.
Do you this this new design and adding spare tire kit from 2020 RLX is a safety issue with battery? Thanks for info

Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
It may be that the tire kit isn't available in specific markets (like the US). I know US cars come with a honking huge group 94 battery...80 Ah rating...required for ample reserve for all the electronics and the auto idle shut-off "feature," but it takes up a great deal of space in the battery well.

If they use a smaller battery in other markets there may be sufficient clearances to allow the tire kit....there is a part number, it's just not available to U.S. dealers.

I gotta make friends with someone who owns a RLX (assuming I can find one). It may be the RLX kit physically fits, but with the big battery there might be some clearance issues that bother the department of Karens at NTHSA or Consumer Reports. I dunno, but I got a TLX and I got a borescope and I'd like to look.

Registered
I ordered the RLX spare from modern spare. It fits 2021 TLX and there is room under truck cover. Fits over battery.
i just looked at website for modernspare.com and they have a kit listed for the 2021 TLX!! same price and size as the RLX 2020--but they don't address the issue of the battery of safety concerns?

Registered
i just looked at website for modernspare.com and they have a kit listed for the 2021 TLX!! same price and size as the RLX 2020--but they don't address the issue of the battery of safety concerns?
No--now modernspare says that the 2021 TLX kit WILL NOT fit in spare tire well over the battery!! Would have to keep in bag in regular trunk area?? So looks like 2020 RLX kit is still best option.

Registered
Re: Modern Spare saying that the 2021 TLX kit will not fit over the battery, but the 2020 RLX will --- the two kits appear to be identical. BryanD even posted a picture of the 2020 RLX kit over the battery. Can anyone clarify? Thanks!

Registered
Re: Modern Spare saying that the 2021 TLX kit will not fit over the battery, but the 2020 RLX will --- the two kits appear to be identical. BryanD even posted a picture of the 2020 RLX kit over the battery. Can anyone clarify? Thanks!
Going by another poster, I wonder if Bryan D is in Canada (with the smaller battery)?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts