Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
139 Posts
Will the 2021 TLX
have a compact spare tire accessory like previous models. Dealer said possibly next month. Another dealer said no due to battery in trunk.
The owner's manual for the '21 (p554, 584)) makes reference to an optional spare tire accessory kit. My dealer has no information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I was afraid of that. My concern is blowouts with the low profile tire. My prior vehicle, Audi A4 also had a low profile and I had several blowouts during my 3 year lease.

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
139 Posts
Thanks. I was afraid of that. My concern is blowouts with the low profile tire. My prior vehicle, Audi A4 also had a low profile and I had several blowouts during my 3 year lease.
In prior model years, the spare tire kit included a different foam insert for the well that accommodated the "donut" spare as well as the air compressor. My dealer has a part number now and I've placed an order. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Like you, I have already had a blowout with the low profile tire and had to replace it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In prior model years, the spare tire kit included a different foam insert for the well that accommodated the "donut" spare as well as the air compressor. My dealer has a part number now and I've placed an order. We'll see.
Seattle and Bellevue dealerships in the US say fitting a spare isn't possible with the battery there. This won't be a deal breaker for me if your solution works out!

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX SH-AWD with Technology Package
17 Posts
I ordered the RLX spare from modern spare. It fits 2021 TLX and there is room under truck cover. Fits over battery.
Pictures, please!

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX SH-AWD with Technology Package
17 Posts
Thanks for the pic! Does the well cover fit OK on top of it? How is it secured? Can you post a link to the actual spare you purchased?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the pic! Does the well cover fit OK on top of it? How is it secured? Can you post a link to the actual spare you purchased?
It is a RLX spare from Modernspare.com. Fits perfect. I just have some packing from amazon boxes to sucure it, room for jack also.

·
Super Moderator
1,025 Posts
That's what great about this forum. Great information sharing. Owning the first gen TLX, the battery was up front. Glad they accommodated the spare over the battery.
I wonder if there are some markets where the spare is required?

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
21 Posts
I believe he said he ordered the spare for the RLX not the RDX.
Crap......he DID say RLX ...my bad...

So the 2020 RLX spare is 5x120 which aligns with 2021 TLX spec...this is great news! I just could not drive a car without an actual spare. I will miss my 2010 TSX, but its time....

Great Forum, thanks to BryanD and all who helped!

PS. Does anyone else test/mount the spare on their new car? The side of the road is not the place to learn the ins and outs of how to replace a tire on your new car.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Very good information. I let my spare go that I got with my 2015 TLX. I kept the spare till I had the 2019. The new tire is larger on the 2021 Tech so I added tire replacement coverage on my plan. Great to know if fits if I opt for the spare someday. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts